TEAM Charlotte Swimming (“TEAM”), based in Charlotte, NC, with over 35 years of excellence in year-round competitive swimming, is expanding their staff and seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for both full-time and part-time coaching positions. TEAM is a USA Swimming club that serves swimmers in both the uptown Charlotte and south Charlotte areas, utilizing high quality lane space at the Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center (“MCAC”) in uptown Charlotte, the primary aquatic center within the area, along with additional sites in the Matthews and Cotswold areas of Charlotte. TEAM has grown to a club of more than 250 swimmers during the past few seasons, and is excited to be adding to their dedicated and high-energy coaching staff. This is a fantastic opportunity to a coach on a competitive, fast growing team, while living and working in the heart of a forever expanding, dynamic metropolitan region of the southeast.
TEAM is seeking applications for a full-time age group coach position, based at our uptown location, working primarily with 14 & under athletes.
TEAM is also seeking applications for part-time assistant coaches (based either in Matthews or Uptown) to work with all age groups. Part-time positions will work approximately 8-10 hours/week, 4-6 days/week, depending on level of experience, availability, and practice schedule. Practices are on weekdays between 5:00 – 8:00pm and Saturday mornings.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the sport of swimming, a strong work ethic, and a demonstrated ability to motivate athletes in and outside of the pool. TEAM offers a very competitive salary, including signing and performance bonus opportunities along with paid vacation and sick days. TEAM pays travel meet expenses, professional dues and provides a budget for continuing education.
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO THE HEAD COACH, RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Motivating swimmers to compete at their best and over the long term
- Help develop, implement and oversee a seasonal training plan for age group swimmers.
- Helping swimmers to set and achieve their goals
- Developing swimmers’ leadership skills and work ethic
- Establishing and maintaining regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, other coaches, the Head Coach, and Director of Operations.
- Must have (or obtain prior to start date) all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications (Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches (STSC), Background Check, Athlete Protection Training)
- Minimum 1-5 yrs. coaching experience as a USA Swimming certified coach.
- Passionate about swimming and teaching/development of younger/newer athletes.
- Must possess/be able to demonstrate: professionalism, leadership skills, decision-making ability (in the interest of athletes & organization), timely and professional communication (written & verbal) with coaches, parents, and swimmers, and be willing to follow directives from the Head Coach and Director or Operations.
- Must have a working knowledge of Team Unify & Hytek, or be willing to learn quickly.
- Demonstrated passion for learning, continuing education and improving as a coach.
How to Apply
Please submit letter of interest and resume with three professional references to: Kristina Bond, Director of Operations ([email protected]).
Start date is flexible, September 1, 2019, or as soon as possible.