Location: Tallulah Falls, GA 30573, USA
The Director of Aquatics coordinates all functions of the Tallulah Falls School natatorium, creates appropriate user programs, effectively consults, collaborates and communicates with TFS constituents, and ensures coordination of all aquatic usage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of staffing operations
- Oversees and coordinates the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification and performance of student, volunteer, and/or part-time employees of the facility, including lifeguards, water safety instructors , etc.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of staff
- Is the main contact for Learn to TFSwim
- Oversees and coordinates the administration of the facility, to include scheduling of facility operations: PE, boarding, athletics, sports medicine, summer and non-school events.
- Oversees and works with Plant Services personnel in the maintenance of the pool, including chemistry, climate control, cleanliness, and related maintenance.
- Ensures that all appropriate water, environmental, health and safety standards are maintained;
- Ensures the pool is compliant with all local, state, and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation.
- Develops, implements, and oversees a variety of aquatic programs for students, faculty, staff and/or members of the TFS community or general public, if applicable.
- Coordinates events
- Performs Meet Director duties for 4-5 annual home events of 200-400 swimmers
- Coordinates/supervises home meet volunteers and officials each session
- Provides operating support for special events
- Participates in and teaches aquatic and safety certification training sessions, as necessary.
- Participates in the development of the team’s annual operating budget and provides fiscal recommendations.
- Develops and maintains records of operational facility usage; monitors and maintains an inventory of pool equipment and supplies.
- Prepares statistical reports on a monthly basis and prepares data and narrative for inclusion in annual reports.
- Promotes the aquatics program at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
Performs other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- ● Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- ● At least five years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- ● Certification/Licensure American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
- ● Certification American Red Cross Professional Rescuer CPR/AED Instructor
- ● National Swimming Pool Foundation Certified Pool Operator Certification (CPO)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- ● Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services; ordering and inventory control.
- ● Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- ● Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- ● Excellent interpersonal skills
- ● Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- ● Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- ● Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- ● Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- ● Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- ● Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- ● Knowledge of optimal swimming pool water chemistry, temperature, and cleanliness standards.
- ● Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and guidelines for the operation of swimming pools and public baths.
- ● Ability to recruit, train, and certify student lifeguards and others.
- ● Knowledge of the principles and practices of operating a large aquatic facility.
- ● Skills in program planning and development.
- ● Knowledge of certification standards.
- ● Knowledge of budget preparation cost estimating, monitoring, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
Conditions of Employment
- ● Pass an entry drug test.
- ● Pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- ● Maintain certification status.
- ● The majority of the work is performed indoors
- ● Weekend and evening work including, but not limited to TFS-hosted meets, parent meetings, team banquets, and summer events.
Tallulah Falls School is an equal opportunity employer.
All job applicants at TFS will undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.
Any applicant with a confirmed positive test result will be denied employment. Applicants will be required to submit to a specimen test at a laboratory selected by Tallulah Falls School and by signing a consent agreement to release TFS from liability.
How to Apply
Send resume and letter of interest to:
Tallulah Falls School
P.O. Box 10
Tallulah Falls, GA 30573
Please DO NOT call.