Applications due 08/31/19
Location: 325 Rawlinson Road, Rock Hill, SC, USA
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Branch Manager/Lead Site Coach reports directly to the Regional Vice President and ultimately the COO. This position is responsible for the supervision and direction of their Branch and swim team programming at their branch with guidance from the Regional VP. This individual will have the direct coaching responsibility for the senior training groups at their assigned YMCA site branch, and shall support the Membership Coordinator, the Aquatics Director and other YMCA staff with the fulfillment of the Mission, Vision, and goals of the YMCA and the Upper Palmetto YMCA RAYS Swim Team.
- In coordination with support staff, responsible for the overall management, direction, leadership, and maintenance of the facility.
- Manage, recruit and schedule all facility and program staff. Provide annual, or as needed, evaluations and training for all staff. Ensure the appropriate staff holds current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Promote/market and maintain all programs of the branch to include personal training.
- Ensure adherence of all YMCA Policies and Procedures by all Aquatic Center staff to include member/client assistance.
- Promote, grow and retain memberships of the branch.
- In conjunction with support staff, responsible for the maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the entire facility.
- Provide leadership in fundraising for the branch, to include the Annual/Capital Campaign. Promote the Aquatic Center as a venue for swim events to local, regional, and national audiences.
- Prepare, execute and evaluate the facility’s annual budget. Assure achievement of branch budget goals.
- Act as a contributing member of the UPYMCA leadership team.
- Provide guidance and support to all UPYMCA staff in improving customer service to our members and guests especially in aquatics.
- Other duties as assigned by the COO.
- Follow the YMCA mission: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Swim Program Supervision
- Provide vision, leadership, and direction to the competitive programs of the Upper Palmetto YMCA RAYS Swim team within the parameters and philosophy of the YMCA.
- Supervise, manage, and develop the part-time assistant coaches of the Upper Palmetto YMCA RAYS Swim team at all Swim Team site location.
- Maintain open communication with all YMCA Aquatics staff members.
- Work with Membership Coordinator and Aquatics Director to establish annual program goals and lead all staff at your site in accomplishing these goals.
Direct Coaching Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with program objectives, guidelines, and policies.
- Swim meet attendance as assigned.
- Prepare and submit all swimmers entries on Team unify to be checked by Meet Director.
- Maintain swimmers’ attendance records each season.
- Maintain practice log and/or skill review list for each training group.
- Make decisions regarding training group placements or changes.
- Assist in organizing extracurricular practice group activities.
Secondary Coaching Responsibilities
- Serve deck assistant role with other training groups as assigned.
- Serve in substitute role as assigned to cover other training groups.
- Coach seasonal competitive programs as assigned.
Parent Communication and Education
- Work with coaching staff in coordinating and directing parent education program.
- Facilitate communication between parents and other coaches in situations where there are concerns or complaints.
- Be available to speak with parents before practice and during office hours.
- Be prompt and professional in returning all RAYS-related telephone calls.
- Consult with parent(s) regarding training group changes.
- Be present at the Parents’ Meeting at the start of each new swim season.
- Conduct periodic Parent / Coach Conferences as necessary.
Supervisory and Administrative Responsibilities
- Plan and schedule all age group practices including lane rental, schedule, etc.
- Help in the organization, planning, and scheduling of all team travel involving the swim program.
- Lead yearly performance evaluations with part-time staff.
- Participate in recruitment and retention efforts particularly with regard to area summer league teams.
- Maintain excellent relations with site Aquatic Directors.
- Maintain assigned office hours.
- Organize and run weekly key staff meetings and monthly all staff meetings.
- Responsible for inputting all swimmer registration information into membership services.
- Perform regular and rotating administrative duties as assigned.
- Work with gathering and publishing articles and news for the weekly group/team emails.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Attend the YMCA LDS Leadership Development Series.
- Attend at least one educational coaching clinic or seminar yearly.
- Be a positive role model for young people by demonstrating YMCA values and a work ethic that promote success.
- Abide by the YMCA of the USA Swimming and Diving, ASCA, and USA Swimming Code of Ethics.
- Make professional contributions to the sport at the local or national level (i.e. YMCA Aquatics Cabinet, committee work within the LSC).
- Remain current on all necessary certifications needed to coach.
- Participate in swimmer recruitment and retention efforts when assigned.
- Attend team activities when assigned.
- Miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned.
- Act as a primary responder in case of injury, accident, or illness in the pool area and provides backup to lifeguard as needed in emergencies and crowd control.
Lead Site Coach
- Education or personal experience specific to competitive swimming
- Coaching experience with competitive swimming
- Safety training for coaches and/or Lifeguard Certified (If you do not currently have must obtain within 30 days of hire or at first available training)
- Adult, child and infant CPR, Community First Aid, Oxygen, and Bloodborne pathogens (If you do not currently have must obtain within 30 days of hire or at first available training)
- Foundations of Coaching 101 (If you do not currently have must obtain within 30 days of hire or at first available training)
- Principles of YMCA Competitive Swimming (If you do not currently have must obtain within 30 days of hire or at first available training)
- Must exhibit a stable temperament and a high degree of maturity.
- Ability to communicate with people of all levels
- Have a positive attitude and desire to achieve the mission of the Upper Palmetto YMCA
- Walking, carrying, sitting, seeing, hearing, crouching, lifting (25 pounds), pushing, kneeling, standing and speaking
- Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred)
- Outstanding supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong public relation and interpersonal skills; excellent language/Communication/organizational skills
- General clerical and computer skills
- Ability to control, balance and record financial transactions
- Strong ability to learn new software programs
- Possess a number of technical skills and have experience in a wide range of physical activities
- Must have knowledge required for management of facilities, equipment, resources, programs and staff
- Must have knowledge required for maintenance and upkeep of facility and equipment
- Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Carrying, sitting, seeing, hearing, speaking, running, crouching, lifting (25 Lbs.), and walking.
Salary based on experiences. YMCA experiences preferred by not required
How to Apply
Apply online at:
Tim Conley, Regional Vice President
5485 Charlotte Hwy
Clover, SC 29710