Applications due 05/15/20
Location: 225 E 700 S, St. George, UT 84770, USA
Dixie State University, will be a Division I member of the NCAA and member of the Western Athletic Conference as of July 2020, and has an immediate part-time opening for Women’s Assistant Swim Coach.
- Responsible for the development/training and evaluation of student-athletes.
- Responsible for assisting with the administrative duties of the head coach.
- Help enforce and communicate team rules and regulations regarding, but not limited to, academic, athletic and social expectations/guidelines as established by the head coach.
- Works closely with the Athletic Administration to ensure student-athletes progress towards graduation.
- Works closely with Sports Medicine staff and team physicians to ensure the safety and health of student-athletes.
- Works closely with Sports Performance staff to develop a comprehensive sports performance program within a specific training group.
- Works with the Communications Department on all related matters to ensure the appropriate information is relayed to the social media, media and community in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Assists in fundraising activities/events.
- Develops a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport, and actively seeks to develop new performance methods and strategies.
- Maintains high ethical standards and practices.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of and adheres to all applicable University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assists in preparing all student athletes for competition.
- Assist in recruiting qualified students and brand building.
- Organize and develop summer swim camp program with assistance of Head Coach.
- Required to attend all workouts during season (M,W,F 6-8:30am; M-F 2-4 pm and Sat 7:30-9:30pm); all other work is flexible hours.
- Required to travel with team through during season.
Minimum Qualifications: At a minimum, the successful applicant for this position must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent education and experience
- College Swimming and/or college coaching experience
- Excellent written communication skills, as demonstrated in application materials.
- CPR, first aid and Coaches Safety Training Certification or willingness to achieve such.
- Pass NCAA Division I compliance test.
Desired Qualifications: Further consideration will be given to those applicants who possess:
- A working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations;
- Demonstrated high ethical standards;
- Experience recruiting high school athletes and/or college transfer athletes;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level;
- Collegiate and/or national/Olympic level participant experience;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, in a multicultural environment.
- Understanding of student athletes in a demanding academic environment
- A commitment to the highest ideals of leadership, sportsmanship and academics are required.
- A knowledge of Hy-Tek (Meet Manager and Team Manager)
How to Apply
Email the following information to Head Coach Tamber McAllister at [email protected]:
- Cover letter
- Contact information (Email and phone number) for two work-related references
Review of resumes will begin May 15, 2020. Priority will be given to applications received by this deadline.