Location: 216 Nsu Acadia Drive, Thibodaux, LA, USA
with Crawfish Aquatics
Crawfish Aquatics, Louisiana’s Total Swim Program based in Baton Rouge with satellite locations in Lafayette and Thibodaux on the campus of Nicholls State University, is looking to fill the full-time position of Senior Coach in Thibodaux. The position is salaried and a benefits package is provided.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a contagious enthusiasm for the sport of swimming, a commitment to growing the team through selfless service, and a strong desire to grow and learn professionally. Previous coaching experience and a bachelor’s degree is required. Previous competitive swimming experiences are valued. Demonstrates strong communication skills and administrative skills. The position requires proficiency with several computer systems including Windows, knowledge of Team Unify systems, Hytek Systems, and an ability to learn all other necessary software systems. Candidates must have current certifications through USA Swimming or be willing to achieve certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training. Candidates must pass a background check.
Responsibilities include but not limited to: Coaching Crawfish Aquatics senior swimmers or age group swimmers depending on preference and experience, managing the facility including the day to day operations, maintenance, supporting all meets, maintaining office hours, communicating with parents, participating in staff projects, planning, supporting all team activities and assisting with our Swimming Lessons program. The position will report directly to the COO.
Location: Tampines Street 73, Singapore
with United World College South East Asia
UWCSEA Dragons Swim Team seeks an experienced and forward thinking swim coach. As Assistant and Development Coach, this person should display initiative and confidence, particularly when leading the Junior Squad and Age Group programmes. The candidate will also be confident coaching at Senior and National Level with an appreciation of scientific coaching principles. The appropriate person should be dynamic and able to adapt to our ever changing and growing swim programme.
- Assist teachers with PE swimming classes, both learn-to-swim and stroke development
- Assist the Head Coach with the senior/high school swimmers when necessary
- Lead and or coach within the Development Squad Programme
- Coach a squad(s) for the College Swim Team
- Complete Swim Meet Entries
- Attend and coach at meets in which Swim Team is competing
- Detailed session planning and tracking of athletes
- Ensure the pool area is safe, secure and presentable at all times
- Arrange setup and clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep. Maintain necessary administrative log records
- Coach / teach for 1 week at the start and end of the three major vacations
- Assist Head Coach with Senior/National Squads when necessary
- Be willing to coach between week 2-6 weeks in the summer holiday programme
Location: Aldie, VA, USA
with LetSwim, Inc.
compensation: $14-$20 for swim instructor based on experience
employment type: part-time
Candidates must be fun, enthusiastic, willing to sing, and must love to work with children as well as swimmers of all ages. The ideal candidate will have experience in teaching swim lessons but it is not a requirement as training will be provided. Hourly pay based on experience ($14-$20 per hour). Please indicate your availability when responding.
More information about LetSwim can be found on our website www.letswim.com. Please email your swim resume to [email protected]
Location: 7202 East Cactus Road, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
with Scottsdale Aquatic Club
SCOTTSDALE AQUATIC CLUB is seeking a full-time assistant coach. The ideal candidate will have energy and passion for swimming, be knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the sport and willing to help the club in many areas. This coach will support and carry out the mission of Scottsdale Aquatic Club and the philosophy of the Head Coach.
–Up to date USA Swimming credentials
–5 years coaching experience and/or four-years college swimming experience
–Knowledge and ability to teach technical aspects of the stroke and set up a training plan
–Ability to create strong connections with swimmers and help them achieve their goals
–Seek knowledge and experience to grow as a coach
–Ability to work with different ages and ability levels
–Experience/knowledge of technology (video, social media, etc)
–Work with the Head Coach to design and plan training
–Lead a group of high school aged swimmers aspiring to achieve Sectional level
–Attend weekly staff meetings
–Serve on a coach committee to help club development
–Maintain positive and encouraging environment for the training group
–Assist with other training groups as needed
This is a great opportunity to work with a USA Swimming Gold Medal Team. Professional growth available to coaches at Scottsdale Aquatic Club.
Full-Time position. Salary commensurate with experience. 403B retirement matching program.
We have an immediate need to fill this position. If you are unable to start by May 15, please do not apply.
Location: 1004-1006 Mt Olivet Rd NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
with Old City Swim School
Make a difference in a kid’s life today by teaching them the most valuable life skill: swimming!
Old City Swim School is the premier learn-to-swim program in the DC/Capitol Hill area. We’re passionate about teaching everyone how to swim and are deeply committed to preparing people for a life of fun in and around the water.
Are you excited about our mission? Do enjoy working with kids? And are you totally down to be the brightest part of a little kid’s day and possibly become their HERO?
Must be energetic, fun, playful, and enjoy working with kids
Must be OK with getting wet in a heated indoor pool.
Must be able to consistently show up to shifts on time.
Technical swimming background NOT required.
Starting pay rate for coaches is $12.50 per hour. Able to get raises! High School diploma or GED required. Must be 18 years of age or old. No Previous swim instruction experience required.
Shift Availability: Candidates are asked to commit to a minimum of 2 shifts per week on an ongoing basis.
1. Mondays 5:45PM to 7:15PM
2. Tuesdays 5:15PM to 7:15PM
3. Wednesdays 5:15PM to 7:45PM
4. Thursdays 5:15PM to 7:15PM
5. Saturdays 9:15AM to 11:45AM
Lessons take place at the MSSD pool on Gallaudet University’s campus off Florida Avenue and 8th Streets NE. Employees must provide their own transportation. Free parking available. Bike racks available.
Coaches must pass the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course prerequisite swim requirements. This includes: Swim 300 yards continuously; Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs; Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds starting in the water that consists of: swim 20 yards and surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object. Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back returning to the starting point. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Not sure you can complete the swim test? Don’t let that deter you from applying! For superstar candidates who require some fine-tuning on their own swim skills, we have the ability to set up a timeframe that allows you to get started coaching kids right away and also practice your own swim skills!
Apply here today! http://oldcityswimschool.com/hiring/
Location: 204- D Mill Street, Vienna, va
with Machine Aquatics, LLC
We are looking to hire a Full Time Senior & Age Group Coach for our Virginia & Maryland Locations. This coach would lead, design and foster systematic growth from the youngest novices to the appropriate High Performance Age Group and Senior level programs while working within the Team Mission Statement/Vision/Values (see website).
Location: 333 Preston Avenue, Voorhees Township, NJ, USA
with South Jersey Aquatic Cluc (SJAC) Swim School
Special Needs Swim Instructor
SJAC Swim School is looking for experienced swim instructors who are able to teach all levels of Special Needs swim instruction. Daytime availability is a plus but not required! Instructors must have a related educational degree and aquatic experience. Join a team dedicated to leading aquatic special needs in the region through swim lessons, therapy and swim team.
Red Cross Life Guard & CPR Certification is required, but training is available. Swimming background is preferable. This position is not for the quiet or shy! We are looking for individuals that are out going, friendly, fun, relate well to children, and have fantastic “people”/customer service skills.
Be a team player and passionate. Be courteous and mindful of those around you both in and out of the water.
- Aquatics: 1 year
Required education, license or certification:
- Red Cross Life Guard & CPR Certification is required, but training is available
- Related educational degree/training
Location: State College, PA, USA
with Nittany Lion Aquatic Club
Qualifications and Requirements:
- USA Swimming coach certification. CPR, Coaches Safety, Athlete Protection, and Background Check.
- 3-5 years’ experience coaching competitive swimming.
- Proficient in Hy-Tek swimming software and Team Unify platform.
- Review, coordinate and supervise workouts and practices for all training groups. Personally coaching Senior Prep, Senior and/or Senior Blue training groups.
- Determine short- and long-course meet schedules with Board approval. Complete meet entry forms, travel with swimmers to meets or ensure the availability of other coaches at meets.
- Coordinate the staffing assignments of coaches ensuring all practice sessions and meets are adequately staffed in a manner consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Supervise and mentor other club coaches.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Aquatic Facilities at State College Area School District (SCASD) and Penn State McCoy Natatorium to ensure pool availability for training and meets.
- Act as a liaison between NLAC and Middle Atlantic Swimming, attending pertinent Middle Atlantic meetings.
- Maintain NLAC’s Team Unify website, including disbursement of meet information and updating Swimmers’ times.
- Maintain membership registration.
- In conjunction with Treasurer, bill and maintain record of payment.
- Attend NLAC Board meetings and report on the status of the team, staff, goals and objectives as well as hold an annual meeting with parents.
- Maintain a presence in the community to actively promote NLAC and recruit new membership.
- Work with Board and parents to generate fund raising events.
- Potential exists to serve as the State College Area High School swim coach, as well. This opportunity would involve separate application to SCASD.
Location: 3524 E L St, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA
with Metro Aquatics
Metro Aquatics in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an enthusiastic Lead Development Swim
Coach to oversee our no-experience swim teams, advanced swim lessons, and swim team
bridge programs. Metro Aquatics is a parks-owned, coach-run, inner-city USA-Swimming Club
Recognition Level 3, and at the forefront of inclusion in aquatics. This is an excellent next-step
for a swim-lesson manager or development swim coach who wants to be part of an exciting
team working outside the traditional swim-lesson structure. The successful candidate will be
encouraged to identify and eliminate barriers keeping local youth from participating in
Specific Job Duties Include:
1. Coordinate 90-150 swimmers and 8-16 coaches across 7 facilities
2. Collaborate with the head coaches to create an enjoyable long-term development plan
for young swimmers to properly progress.
3. Respectfully and effectively communicate with all ethnicities and socioeconomic
4. Directly teach/coach swimmers during program times.
5. Attend regular staff meetings.
6. Work with the Head Age Group Coach to progress swimmers effectively through
7. Assist the club with any other needs
Compensation is $20,000-$28,000, plus some benefits, based on experience. (Unrelated local
opportunities to make $6,000-$12,000 coaching high school are common.)
Location: La Mirada, CA, USA
with Biola University
The Biola Assistant Swimming coach is responsible for aiding the Head Coach in establishing an effective, competitive, and successful team program, where student-athletes have a positive intercollegiate experience. The Assistant Coach must demonstrate strong administrative and technical coaching skills and be fully committed to the mission and goals of the Program, the Athletics Department, as well as the Institution. The Assistant Swimming Coach will comply with all NCAA Division II legislative requirements, as well as applicable PCSC Conference rules and regulations.
- Contribute to Biola’s commitment to the Christian Faith in glorifying our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Design, & Lead training sessions (In-Water & Dryland) when needed. (AM & PM Workouts)
- Perform assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program. (Recruiting, NCAA Compliance, Scheduling, Planning Travel, etc.)
- Attend Biola Athletics Coach’s Meetings twice per month.
- Maintain comprehensive and technical knowledge of the sport through continuous research of new/innovative training styles & mechanics of each stroke.
- Recruit quality Christian student-athletes, under the guidance and direction of the head coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach (Official & Unofficial Visits).
- Serve as an academic overseer for student-athletes by organizing class schedules for each individual swimmer, approving study-hall hours, and communicating with the student-athlete academic advisor as needed.
- Aid Head Coach in meet entries for dual meets & invitationals.
- Represent the sports program in a positive, & professional light to opposing programs and external individuals/groups. (Parents, Students, Alumni, Donors, Faculty & Staff, General Public, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Is a Christian believer, and has an ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Desire to pursue a career in collegiate swim coaching, with a strong/passionate work ethic.
- 3+ years of coaching experience on the Collegiate, or Senior Club Level.
- Strong knowledge in the area of strength and conditioning Dryland for swimmers
- Ability to build strong/meaningful relationships with colleagues and student-athletes from various backgrounds.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to take direction from Head Coach, but also initiative without being asked.
- CPR & First Aid Certifications up-to-date.
- Collegiate-Level Swimming Career
- Have a background, or be confident in running a Distance training group
- History of success recruiting top-tier Male & Female Swimmers
- Have an understanding of ARMS recruiting/compliance software
Location: 959 Golf Course Drive, Rohnert Park, CA, USA
with Piranha Swimming
Piranha Swimming has been a part of the Rohnert Park community for more than 30 years. This is an exciting opportunity for a new head coach to help grow our team and work with a strong parent volunteer base that will help support the future of the Rohnert Park Piranhas.
- Prior coaching experience and knowledge of aquatic/swim team programs.
- Practice is held at Honeybee pool in Rohnert Park which is a 6 lane/25 yard pool.
- Coaching hours run from 3:45pm-6:30pm M-F with flexibility to hold Saturday morning practice and/or early morning practices depending on membership.
- The position requires 10-20 hours per week on deck in addition to 10-15 hours per week administrative duties.
- Attending an average of 2 swim meets per month depending on the season.
- Will work directly with the Piranha Swimming BOD.
- Salary is based on the level of experience.
- Successful completion of all required USA Swimming coaching credentials.
- Piranha Swimming will reimburse Head Coach for the cost of all USA Swimming membership and other required courses.
- Design and oversee season training plans and daily workout plans for all groups.
- Hiring and overseeing coaching staff.
- Responsible for all levels of swimming in the existing program.
- Setting goals for each age group.
- Participate in individual goal setting for all swimmers.
- Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self discipline, sportsmanship, and responsibility.
- Reports monthly to the BOD on the teams development and growth.
- Coordinating of team parent volunteer and group activities.
- Daily communication with parents.
- Handles all new swimmer paperwork.
- Collects and tracks payments and delivers to the team treasurer.
Please submit your resume to the Piranha Swim team BOD at [email protected].
Include two paragraphs explaining your leadership/coaching style and why you believe that you will be a good fit for our team as the new head coach.
Location: 2337-2341 Ocean Blvd, Rye Beach, NH 03871, USA
with Beach Club
Looking for a Head Swim Team Coach for the Beach Club of Rye NH. Head Coach would be responsible for running our summer Swim Team Program. We are part of the Summer Aquatic League running from Mid June through early August. Practice is 5 days a week in the morning and we will be participating in roughly 6 meets during the summer season. The team consists of typically around thirty member swimmers of all levels whom are under 18 years of age. The Beach Club has a history and culture of success competing in the SAL, this a great opportunity to coach a fun group of young swimmers for the summer with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as the backdrop.
Location: 100 Dexter Avenue North, Seattle, WA, USA
with City of Seattle Parks & Recreation
|SALARY:||$16.92 – $20.48 Hourly|
|LOCATION:||Various – Seattle area, Washington|
|JOB TYPE:||Classified Civil Service, Regular, Part-Time|
|DEPARTMENT:||Seattle Parks and Recreation|
|BARGAINING UNIT:||PSIE, Local 1239 – Recreation|
|CLOSING DATE||05/01/18 04:00 PM Pacific Time|
Want a fun, great paying job for the summer that pays up to $17.76 to start ($16.92 per hour plus premium pay)!!!
Apply to become a Seattle Parks lifeguard for the summer and beyond! You’ll meet new people, make new friends and enjoy the sun while getting paid!
The City of Seattle’s Department of Parks and Recreation is actively seeking new members for a team that connects with citizens in each community across the City. Our department needs positive, hard working professionals who can contribute to continue to make Seattle Parks and Recreation an industry leader in aquatic programming. Our pools are a vital part of the culture in a City surrounded by water – where swimming is an essential life skill.
This job posting is for Part-Time Regular Lifeguards. Although considered part-time, employees in these positions can work up to 40 hours per week in the summer.
After Regular Lifeguard positions have been filled, Temporary lifeguards will be hired from the list of qualified candidates remaining.
- Monitor the activities of swimmers to ensure rules and regulations are observed and that safety hazards are not created.
- Required to rescue persons in distress or in danger of drowning, administer first aid in the event of injury, and assist handicapped and elderly patrons in and out of the pool.
- Conduct instructional programs for children, adults, and special population groups; teaches private and group swimming lessons, water safety classes, diving, water polo, synchronized swimming, competitive programs, and water fitness programs to all ages and abilities.
- May teach first aid, CPR, AED, Lifeguard Training, and other specialized Red Cross classes.
- Ensures the pool meets legal requirements and policy standards for operation.
- Assist in water quality testing, cleaning, and maintaining the pool and related facilities.
- Interacts with the public, answer inquiries pertaining to the use of the pool.
- Maintain attendance and grading for instructional programs, and other related duties as required.
- Employees in these positions can work up to 40 hours per week.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must pass a background check and physical.
- Lifeguards are required to swim a minimum of 500 yards each work day and be prepared to perform in an emergency situation.
- Experience as a qualified lifeguard and swim instructor.
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques, and first aid.
- Ability to swim with proficiency and endurance.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and adopt effective courses of action.
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies.
- Specialized training and certifications as an instructor for various water education or fitness programs including Water Fitness, Swim Coach Certification, diving, etc.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Required to work nights and weekends.
- Required to work varying hours.
- Required to follow safety precautions when handling toxic/hazardous substances.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Exposed to high noise levels and hot/humid weather conditions.
- Part-time positions require working variable shifts, including early morning, evenings, and weekends.
License, Certification, and Other Requirements:
- American Red Cross (ARC) approved certification for: Lifeguard Training, First Aid, and CPR/AED for the Lifeguard.
- The Northwest Lifeguard Preparation Course and Test Certification (required to pass within three months of hire).
- ARC Water Safety Instructor Certification may be required.
Location: 720 4th Ave S, St. Cloud, MN, USA
with St. Cloud State University Swimming & Diving
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Assist the Head Coach in the daily operation of the program of both Men’s and Women’s teams.
Assist in student-athlete development
Assist in technique, race strategy, and fundamental coaching
Assist with practice, conditioning, strength training and competition coaching
Assist with the planning and directing of recruiting
Assist with the coordination and direction of camps and clinics
Monitoring student-athletes academic progress and eligibility criteria
Administrative duties as assigned.
Assist and coordinate table help for home meets
College swimming or coaching experience
Understanding of Hy-Tek Meet Manager and Team Manager
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations compliance
This position requires extensive hours, including nights and weekends.
Graduate Assistants will earn an 8 credit remission plus a salary stipend. For full information please refer to St. Cloud State University’s Graduate Studies website:
Location: 101-271 Tyger River Dr, Duncan, SC 29334, USA
with Y Spartaquatics
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is seeking a visionary and inspirational leader to direct the competitive swimming program in Spartanburg, South Carolina.
YMCA Spartaquatics (YSSC) has thrived in the competitive swimming arena for over 20 years, producing quality young swimmers and quality young adults. YSSC has won multiple National Championships and competed at a high level in both USA Swimming and YMCA Swimming. YSSC prides itself in developing the swimmer through a focus on values, sportsmanship and character development. This position directs 340+ swimmers from ages 8-18. With a full team of coaching professionals, administrative support, and engaged volunteers, the next Head Coach will have the resources to continue the strong tradition established.
The YMCA of Greater Spartanburg, situated in the Upstate of South Carolina, is a fantastic community to live and raise a family. Surrounded by the mountains, and a short drive to the beach, the Upstate is growing and thriving.
- 6+ years experience as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach in a YMCA or USA Swimming setting
- ASCA Level 2 certification or above is strongly preferred
- Experience leading and supervising staff
- Current certification in Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguard, first aid and CPR
- Current YMCA certification in Competitive Swimming (can be attained post hire)
- YMCA Team Leader certification preferred (must be attained within 2 years of hire)
- CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard/Coaches Safety Training required
- Child Abuse Prevention and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention training required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required
- Management of the daily leadership functions of the YSSC Swim Team. Follow all policies and procedures. Comply with all YUSA Swimming and USA Swimming guidelines for Safety and Quality.
- Supervise all programs within the Swim Team. Supervise all coaches and Administrative staff.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of volunteers to support the YSSC Swimming program.
- Develop and Execute the Strategic Vision for YSSC Swimming.
- Develop, manage, and monitor the financial state of the Swim Team at all times. Report to YMCA leadership as to variances.
- Manage all aspects of recruiting. Manage all community relations for YSSC.
- Lead Annual Campaign fundraising to support Swimmer’s scholarship fund.
- Partner with YMCA Aquatics for facility management, pool management and program quality. Assist the YMCA in meeting the aquatic needs for the Upstate region.
- Solve problems through professionalism, communication and follow through.
- Oversee all administrative aspects of the team. Manage all Meet selections, host all home Meets, lead all swimmer placement strategies, oversee all practice schedules, and oversee all data management.