Applications due 04/14/19
Location: 17 Antares Pl, Rosedale, Auckland 0632, New Zealand
***********THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED******************
Under direction of the Head Coach, the AHC assumes responsibility as the principle manager for the overall club operations and the important delivery of the NSS Age Performance programme. The shared goal is to train and develop swimmers for the next step in the NSS pathway (the Elite Performance programme) and lead and manage all coaches to ensure effective delivery of NSS strategy. The pinnacle competition is the New Zealand Age Group Championships and New Zealand Short Course Championships. The AHC is empowered to plan and conduct all training operations within the Age Performance programme.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead coach of Age Performance squad as required.
- Conduct training sessions (aligned with NSS LTAD) in a professional manner that provides a safe environment for athletes to achieve success and enjoyment of the sport.
- Provide adequate leadership and mentoring of Performance Pathways Coordinator and Junior Head Coach through regular team meetings and monthly one-on-ones so that they are empowered to lead and manage all coaches at NSS.
- Provide leadership during all championship meets and coach allocation of other designated swim competitions.
- In close relationship with the PPC and JHC, the AHC oversees the NSS performance pathway, and coaches to ensure accurate quarterly athlete profiling, effective pathway transitions, and squad capacity maximisation.
- Act as executive assistant to the HC, sharing workload with whatever duties may arise.
- Weekly team meeting (Coaching Leadership Team & Administrations Team).
- Collaborative season planning aligned to NSS LTAD Model.
- Manage the growth and development of the club from a branding and community perspective.
- Own the NSS Holistic Development model.
- Maintain a personal coaching portfolio including individual swimmer evaluation, professional development documentation, attendance roll, logbook and stroke drills.
- Management of coaches within the NSS pathway to ensure coaches are allocated to appropriate squad and meeting NSS expectations.
- In conjunction with the PPC and JHC, advertise, hire and train new coaches (internally and externally). Conduct annual performance reviews, professional development plans, and leave/cover records.
- Renewal of facility bookings and hire agreements including quarterly catch ups and record keeping.
- Health and Safety at North Shore Swimming
- Induction of all new staff members
- Updating of Hazard Registers and Emergency Plans
- Updating and enforcement of NSS Health and Safety Policies
- Health and Safety for special events (meets, camps, away trips)
- Encourage staff consultation and active participation in all health and safety matters
- Prompt and regular communication, including but not limited to feedback on training, meets and event selection, policies and procedures, club events and news, facilities closures, public holidays, group emails, parent meetings, social media, Korean Swim Club.
- Management and annual evaluation of policies, processes, procedures, club night, Swimfest, Prize giving, camps results, and other projects
- Deal with and close any requests, issues, problems, complaints in conjunction with the HC and ensure clear record keeping of events.
- Complete all reporting requirements as outlined by the HC on time.
- Manage and enhance the business of NSS, including but not limited to, sponsorship, corporate partnerships and new ventures.
- Other relevant duties as necessary for the smooth operation of the Club
- Ensure all members in your team have the resources to effectively carry out their roles.
- Understand the philosophy of NSS and actively support the direction of NSS.
- Be a positive solution focused team member.
- Has a positive attitude and is a supportive team member.
- Is passionate about swimming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Has an attitude of continual personal and professional development.
- Is innovative in approach and is able to maintain knowledge of the latest research and developments in swimming and swim coaching.
- Has high personal and professional ethical standards.
- Practices information sharing.
- Presents ideas & concepts logically and clearly.
- Professional and friendly in dealing with internal and external suppliers.
- Builds and sustains positive relationships with members.
- Establishes rapport and builds trust with NSS partners.
- Takes ownership for successes and failures.
- Exhibits a passion for their role and club. Encourages a sense of enjoyment in the workplace.
How to Apply
Please email resumes including cover letters to Head Coach, Andy McMillan – [email protected]
17 Antares Pl, Rosedale, Auckland 0632, New Zealand