Applications due 04/04/17
Gulf Swimming is looking for an individual to serve as the Membership Administrative Assistant for our growing non-profit organization. The coordinator will support Gulf Swimming’s membership registration process with USA Swimming for both athlete and non-athlete members, re-registration process of teams and members. The Assistant will support the Local Swim Committee(LSC) programs and initiatives as requested. This position will require regular interaction with our members. This position will report to the Executive Director of Gulf Swimming and work with him/her to ensure the needs of our members are met. Duties require skills in managing multiple projects, a commitment to customer service, phone etiquette and an ability to learn new software programs. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Maintain an accurate membership database with USA Swimming for Gulf Swimming.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute and monitor annual membership registration program for athlete members and non-athlete members.
- Provide proactive responses to requests with continuous follow-up to assure completion of inquiries.
- Review reports on membership and provide input on analysis of membership trends to the Executive Director and Board of Directors as requested.
- Assist with documentation and ongoing data update of membership procedures.
- Attend Membership Coordinator and Registrar training session conducted by USA Swimming as requested by the Executive Director and provided for in the policies and procedures of Gulf Swimming, Inc.
- Update membership information online as necessary and in the policies and procedures of the organization including the handbook annually.
- Manage all forms, including online; related to membership registration of both athlete and non-athlete members.
- Coordination and maintenance of all files related to completed membership registration.
- Review all Meet files following a meet to ensure the athletes information is correct before posting the meet results to the website.
- Support the Gulf Records Coordinator by pushing reports and providing information as requested.
- Compile and process all NTV records and requests for Gulf Swimming.
- Prepare required reports for meetings of the Board of Directors and the House of Delegates.
- Support the special events sponsored by the LSC as requested including but not limited to the registration of attendees.
- Ensure that the membership information on the website contains accurate and timely information for the registration of members.
- Support the Camp Coordinator of Gulf Swimming by setting up the registration files for Gulf Camps as requested.
- Support the registration of new teams with USA Swimming and shepherd potential teams through the registration process.
- Assist with the organization of travel teams representing Gulf Swimming at USA Swimming sponsored meets including but not limited to Zones and Open Water All-Stars.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience using Meet Manager program is essential to success.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of file sharing software and experience using the software is a must including but not limited to Slack#, Dropbox and/or Google Drive.
- Knowledge of how to use database software for registration of members is essential.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations is important.
- Detail oriented and an ability to follow-up and seek additional information is a key to success.
- Must be able to exercise good judgement, take initiative, function independently with limited supervision and work in close collaboration with others.
- Provide outstanding level of service by answering membership requests or directing the request to the appropriate party within Gulf Swimming to answer in a timely manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability and experience communicating ideas and information in person and on the phone. Patience is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments and perform a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and consistently follow up on details.
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy working with volunteers and members.
- Must be flexible and adaptable considering all points of view and work toward decisions that reflect the greater good of the organization.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, but commensurate experience will be considered.
- Database maintenance and knowledge of a CRM software is an additional benefit.
- Self-motivated team player and self-discipline required.
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Professional Office experience: 3 – 5 years
Job Type: part-time; 25-30 hours a week requires ability to work from home.
Salary: Up to $30,000 per year based on experience and qualification
Please visit our website to learn more about our organization, the details of this position and to apply www.gulfswimming.org.
How to Apply
send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
GUlf Swimming, Inc.
1415 South Voss Road
Houston Texas 77057