Location: Malibu High School, Morning View Drive, Malibu, CA, USA
Malibu Seawolves Swimming (MSS) is looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Head Coach who will continue to grow the program, foster athlete development, and create a positive and productive training environment. We are a 501c(3) program with a supportive board located in Malibu, California. We operate out of the Malibu High School pool, located directly across Pacific Coast HWY from Zuma Beach. We are a small sized swim team, part of Southern California Swimming’s Coastal Committee. Please visit www.malibuseawolves.com to find out more about our team.
The selected applicant will be responsible for daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and report to the Board.
- Developing the club’s mission and vision.
- Hire, supervise, educate and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
- Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program
- Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
- Coach swimmers. Expected on deck presence 6 days a week for three hours per day.
- Direct monthly staff meetings.
- Set workout schedules.
- Determine workout group for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
- Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers.
- Be able and willing to work with all ages and levels.
- Track hours worked by assistant coaches.
- Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
- Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
- Order team apparel and equipment.
- Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
- Maintain swimmers attendance at workouts.
- Set team meet schedule for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
- Staff scheduled meets.
- Attend meets.
- Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
- Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
- Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
- Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet recap after).
- Upload meet results to TeamUnify.
- Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches and board members (via TeamUnify).
- Oversee team website, Instagram and Facebook account.
- Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
- Provide a monthly program report to Board.
- Hold periodic parent meetings to educate and inform parents.
- Assist and support all fundraising activities.
- Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
- Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
- Proficient in TeamUnify.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board and outside personnel.
- Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
- Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment and development at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 references.
Full-time, competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Includes 1 week Spring Break, 2 weeks Summer Break and 1 week Winter Break and all Malibu City recognized Holidays.
Sick time is accrued in accordance with CA Labor Law.
Start date August 26, 2019 (flexible depending on applicant responsibilities).
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Sue Murphree: [email protected].