Applications due 07/02/21
Date posted: June 9, 2021
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
The Bolles School is a private college preparatory school with an international reputation for excellence. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, the school enrolls more than 1,650 day and boarding students in pre-kindergarten through grade 12 on four campuses. Bolles focuses on a complete education that emphasizes excellence in academics, the arts, athletics and other activities like clubs and community service. The Bolles School mission is to prepares students for college and life by inspiring excellence, courage, integrity, and compassion in an academic community dedicated to nurturing mind, body, and soul.
The Bolles School Sharks is a USA Swimming club program operated by the Bolles School for the purpose of supporting the mission and vision of the Bolles School. The swimming programs include learn to swim, entry level competitive swimming, age group competitive programs (for Bolles and non- Bolles student-athletes), senior competitive programs (for Bolles and non-Bolles student-athletes), summer swim camp, and the Bolles Varsity swimming program. Bolles Sharks coaches are employees of the Bolles School and adhere to the policies and procedures of the Bolles School.
To lead the Sharks’ senior program for student-athletes who do not attend Bolles (club swimmers). This is a group of approximately 50-60 9-12th grade student-athletes in the ‘Late Night’ training group. The coach will be responsible for developing swimmers of all abilities from developing swimmers to elite performers. Collaboration with the other staff members and engagement with the full Sharks program is expected.
The coach will lead the late-night program of student-athletes in alignment with the Bolles Sharks program and head coach. This is a full-time position with practice hours (roughly) of Monday-Friday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. (summer hours will be primarily mornings) and Saturday mornings. Up to two morning practices per week, additional office hours, staff meetings, and attendance at competitions is expected. Some competitions require interstate or local travel. A part-time assistant may be designated to assist with the group and will be managed by the lead coach. Additional duties are also assigned to each full-time staff member (examples: meet management, facility management, or auxiliary programming).
All candidates must meet current USA Swimming coaching requirements to be a registered non-athlete. Candidates must have a history of professional behaviors consistent with USA Swimming, ASCA, NFHS, FINA, and FHSAA Regulations. Candidates must also complete a Bolles Pre-employment Background Check & Drug Screen prior to employment.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience required.
- Effective knowledge of digital productivity solutions (Microsoft Office) and communication tools (email, text, and social media) is required.
- Coaching and/or competitive swimming experience at a national or collegiate level strongly preferred.
- Coaching or education experience with 18 & under athletes is preferred.
- American Swim Coach Association registration and accreditation is preferred.
- Professional writing and communications skills preferred.
- Effective knowledge of swimming specific digital tools (Team Unify, Meet Manager) is preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (Class B or C) preferred.
- Design, implement, and improve a comprehensive competitive swimming program for the assigned group of student-athletes. To include season planning, daily practices, strength and conditioning, and competition preparation/execution.
- Collaborate with the head coach and other senior coaches on a seasonal plan that aligns the competitive focus of all student-athletes.
- Include the development of interpersonal relationships (team) and the student-athlete as a whole person through honest and open communication and difficult conversations when necessary.
- Create a physical and emotionally safe environment at all team activities based on positive and professional relationships with student-athletes and families.
- Communicate professionally and regularly with student-athletes and families on both an interpersonal and group level.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance, practice logs, performances, and schedules.
- Engage in continuous professional development as a coach and mentor.
How to Apply
For best consideration please submit a completed application at https://www.bolles.org/about-us/careers.
7400 San Jose Blvd