Applications due 05/01/20
Date posted: April 7, 2020
Location: 639 38th St, Rock Island, IL 61201, USA
Reports To: Athletic Director
Is responsible for the overall management of the College’s men’s and women’s water polo programs including coaching, recruitment and retention of student-athletes, scheduling and budget management, equipment ordering, viable fundraising, public relations and other duties as assigned.
Status: Full-time position. Works on an academic year schedule.
Supervises: Part-time coaching assistant(s) and student workers
- Responsible for creating an overall positive and successful environment for the student-athletes of the men’s and women’s water polo teams. Provide oversight and evaluation of the daily progress of the team including strength training, conditioning, and student-athlete academic, personal and athletic development.
- Plan, conduct and evaluate practice activities for men’s and women’s water polo team members. Provide group and individual assistance in a manner that engages the athletes and builds commitment to the program.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Augustana staff to integrate efforts and create program success. Assist other staff members with activities as needed to reach the overall goals of the Augustana athletic department.
- Meet with prospective students and their family members both on campus and at remote locations as possible. Provide advice and counsel on the admissions process, the Augustana experience and the integral role of the student-athlete in overall campus life.
- Hire and oversee part-time coaching assistants and student workers as needed to assist with the program and competition-related activities. Provide feedback?both positive and negative?on work products and outcomes.
- Order equipment and supplies and manage operating budget for the program.
- Complete auxiliary assignments including teaching physical education activity classes during the academic year.
- Actively participate in department and college-wide meetings and events, and adapt work as required to meet overall campus goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years of previous coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level.
- A demonstrated understanding of the NCAA Division III environment, requirements, and accountability, with previous coaching or playing experience in a similar setting highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to relate to a diverse group of students, athletes, coaches and campus community members.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Must have a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA and CCIW rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the academic and athletic success of the student-athlete.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit no later than May 1, 2020:
- Cover letter including salary requirements
- One page statement of personal coaching philosophy
- Email addresses for three references
639 38th Street
Rock Island, Illinois 61201