The Rock Island County Orcas Swim Club is seeking an experienced Head Coach. We are a USA Swimming sanctioned, year-round competitive swim team. We practice at Rock Island High School – 1400 25th Avenue, Rock Island, IL – and act as a feeder program for the Rock Island High School swim teams. As we work to rebuild our swim club, we are looking for a highly driven, high-energy individual to lead approximately 30 swimmers of all ability levels and increase its numbers. The Head Coach will provide direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for all swim team members. He/She will manage the Rock Island County Orca Swim Club in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Illinois Swimming LSC and USA Swimming.
The Head Coach will serve on a part-time basis, averaging 16-20 hours/week, which will vary during scheduled weekend swim meets and other events, as needed.
Job and Responsibility Description
– Plan season (meets and practices) and daily workouts in coordination with assistant coaching staff.
– Promote a fun, safe, and team-oriented environment, while fostering learning and team spirit in a fair and impartial manner.
– Be a role model for swimmers when making personal decisions.
– Responsible for retaining and recruiting swimmers.
– Identify age and skill appropriate drills for each swim level that includes starts, strokes, and turns.
– Create and maintain control and a safe environment for the swimmers.
– Provide stroke technique for beginning, intermediate, and advanced swimmers.
– Review meet results (including disqualification issues) and provide feedback to each swimmer.
– Complete all scheduling of assistant coaches; certify and submit payroll every month.
– Prepare meet lineups, including completing all entries into Hy-Tek and Team Unify swim databases.
– Hold, obtain, and/or maintain required coaching certifications, as well as ensure coaching staff have required certifications. Continuing education/training is expected and will be reimbursed by the Club.
– Train assistant coaching staff to ensure consistency within the program.
– Coordinate and lead coaches’ meetings.
– Communicate with swimmers, parents, and Board members in an effective and professional manner.
– Work with the Board members and participate in Club activities (fundraising events, end of season banquets, etc.).
– Build productive and professional relationships with other local swim clubs.
– Report to President of the Board.
– Strong organizational and leadership skills
– Ability to connect with children and young adults ages 5-18 years old
– Effective written and verbal communication skills (for children and parents)
– Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
– High school or equivalent required
– Must have 2+ years of coaching experience
– Must be willing to be registered with USA Swimming and comply with and maintain all USA Swimming and Illinois Swimming LSC requirements
– Starting salary is $14-17/hour; however, the position includes incentives for team growth and private swim lessons.
How to Apply
Please email resumes to [email protected]
PO Box 6606, Rock Island, IL 61204