Applications due 12/31/19
Location: 5795 Lewiston Rd, Niagara Falls, NY, USA
Under general supervision the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach recruits student-athletes, schedules games and practices, and makes recommendations for athletics scholarships.
- Lead operations for the men’s and women’s swimming & diving programs.
- Recruit student-athletes for the men’s and women’s swimming & diving program.
- Operate the programs under the rules and regulations of the university, the NCAA, and MAAC.
- Instruct methods and strategies and coach student-athletes in the sport.
- Make recommendations for athletics scholarships.
- Schedule practices and meets.
- Transport and supervise student-athletes while on the road.
- Considered Essential Personnel whose physical presence is required on campus and must also be prepared to address those functions remotely (from off-campus) as needed when operations are restricted or the campus is closed.
- Supervise assistant coaches.
- Responsible for providing, in a timely manner before the beginning of the season, to the public relations office (sports information) all material relevant to the team (rosters with hometowns, high schools, etc. and schedules) so a recruiting/media pamphlet on the team can be prepared. Coordinates with public relations the manner in which team scores will be reported to the media for home and away games.
- Administrative duties such as maintaining budget, hiring, handling personnel under his/her direction.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (including but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the University. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material, should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of coaching and teaching techniques and the ability to effectively use those techniques.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to drive a personal or university vehicle for the purpose of university business.
- Ability to receive telephone calls, respond to inquiries and communicate with others by telephone.
- Ability to travel when necessary.
- Knowledge of recruiting techniques.
- Proficiency to handle various office machines including but not limited to: computer keyboard, computer software applications, calculator, copy machine and fax.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required or high school diploma with a high level amateur or professional playing and/or coaching experience.
- At least one year of experience coaching swimming at the high school, college or higher competitive level or at least three years experience competing at the college level or higher.
- A valid New York State driver’s license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.
- Must take and pass recruiting exam within first three months of employment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a formal application through our online employment site: https://jobs.niagara.edu/JobPosting.aspx?JPID=2203
Simon Gray, Director of Athletics
5795 Lewiston Rd, Niagara University, NY 14109