Applications due 03/17/20
Location: Allison Park, Hampton Township, PA, USA
The Hampton Dolphins Swim Club is seeking an experienced, energetic and competitive head coach to join our dynamic team. The individual will be responsible for the club development from beginner to elite levels, club administration, oversight of training plans and staffing, and providing a long-term strategic direction. In addition, the head coach will promote the mission of the Hampton Dolphins and core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in all job-related functions. This is a full-time, year-round salaried position.
A successful candidate should possess:
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise and lead staff.
- Be highly visible, approachable and responsive with swimmers, parents, coaching staff, Board of Directors, community partners and other staff and meet officials as needed.
- Strong strategic, creative, problem-solving and organization skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Team Unify Software, including meet entry, general communication and overall team administration.
- High level of maturity, patience and dependability while working with swimmers of all ages and abilities.
- USA member Swim Coach in good standing.
- All appropriate and valid licenses/certifications/registrations for USA Swimming and swimmer safety.
- Current U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4-year coaching experience at a club or higher level
- ASCA Certification (Level 2 or above)
- Previous Head Coaching experience
- Provide constant feedback and mentoring to assistant coaches and swimmers to facilitate improvement.
- Provide leadership, day-to-day management, and strategic planning.
- Manage all administration duties related to the team.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and progressive competitive swim program meeting the needs of beginner, competitive and elite athletes, by creating a season outline containing practice schedules, workout goals, and important events, such as meet schedules, to present to HD Board.
- Overall responsibility for the scheduling of assistant coaches. Ensuring that there are an appropriate number of coaches for each training event and all swim meets.
- Immediately notify the HD Board of any broken equipment or unsafe aspects of the pool.
- Organize and facilitate coaching staff training sessions.
- Attend and be active at board meetings and communicate to the board any issues that may affect swimmers or coaches.
- Maintain structure and discipline within the coaching staff and swimmers while encouraging and promoting team participation in a positive manner.
- Assist the board in developing an aquatics programs in cooperation with the Hampton School District.
How to Apply
Email Resume and cover letter with three references to Dave Sheets ([email protected])