Date posted: January 29, 2023
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Year-round Head Coach for a Los Angeles-based swim club. A generous compensation package includes:
A base salary of between $,45000 and $60,000 per year.
Reimbursed medical insurance
Reimbursed meet and travel expenses.
The cost of mandated USA Swimming courses
Membership fees for USA Swimming and USMS
Paid vacation of 3 weeks a year.
The selected applicant will be responsible for the daily operations of the year-round competitive swim program and
report to the Board.
● Uphold the club’s mission and vision.
● Supervise, educate, and mentor all assistant coaches. Ensure all coaches are up to date with certifications.
● Attend Coastal Committee (Southern California & USA Swimming) meetings on behalf of our program and
report to the Board on meetings attended
● Develop, monitor, and update individual swimmer plans based on their goals, including target meets, events,
● Design and oversee seasonal training for all groups.
● Coach swimmers. Expected on-deck presence 6 days a week for 25 hours per week.
● Paid vacation to be taken during regularly scheduled team breaks only
● Direct staff meetings as required.
● Set workout schedules.
● Determine workout groups for each athlete and update group requirements/progression as needed.
● Arrange and oversee tryouts for all new swimmers
● Track hours worked by assistant coaches. Obtain Board approval prior to assigning additional hours
● Maintain roster on TeamUnify.
● Ensure all swimmers are registered with USA swimming.
● Conduct swimmer appraisals quarterly.
● Maintain swimmers’ attendance at workouts.
● Use available Go-Pro and dry land equipment in support of individual and group training goals
● Set team meet schedules for all groups and obtain approval from the Board.
● Staff scheduled meets.
● Attend meet (expected min 1 per month).
● Meet entry submission and payment in accordance with meet deadlines.
● Process monthly billing (through TeamUnify) including meet fees and other miscellaneous charges.
● Make travel plans and travel arrangements as needed.
● Act as Meet Coordinator (communicate with host teams/admin and swimmers prior to meets, organize meet
● Upload meet results and team records to TeamUnify.
● Establish and maintain regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, and board
members (via TeamUnify).
● Oversee team website, Instagram, and Facebook accounts. (Task can be delegated to an assistant coach)
● Assist in marketing the swim team and act as media liaison.
● Provide a quarterly program report to the Board.
● Hold a parent meeting each quarter to educate and inform parents.
● Assist and support all fundraising activities. Support delegated Board Member in charge of fundraising.
● Prior experience as a Head Coach preferred.
● Prospective employees must be USA-Swimming registered swim coach and able to pass USA-Swimming
background check and USA-Swimming Athlete Protection Program.
● Proficient in TeamUnify.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of athletes, parents, Board, and
● Good team management skills, highly organized with great attention to detail.
● Up-to-date understanding of coaching techniques through research and continuing education.
● Track record of swimmer retention, recruitment, and development at all levels.
● Bachelor’s degree and college swimming experience preferred.
● Minimum of 3 references.
Must have credentials to work in the US: citizenship, green card, or existing visa such as O1
How to Apply
email resume to [email protected]