Applications due 01/31/17
Exeter Swim Team (EST), a 130 to 150 member club in Exeter, NH, has an opening for a dynamic, confident, energetic head coach to lead our growing club. We are a USA Swimming Level 2 team and the current Granite State Swimming Association summer champions. Our athletes span all competitive levels from the novice swimmer to Junior National qualifiers. EST has been in operation for more than 30 years and a high percentage of our graduating seniors go on to swim at the college level.
Our primary training facility is the Roger Nekton Pool, an 8 lane, 25 yard pool located on the campus of Phillips Exeter Academy which is one of the best SCY pools in the area with spectator seating for over 500 people. In the summer months, we also utilize a local outdoor 6 lane, 25 yard pool and 6 lane, 50 meter pool.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Supervise staff of 6+ coaches. Responsible for selection, development, education, communication & coordination of coaches to ensure consistent application of program across all training levels.
- Develop team workouts, while directly coaching at least one primary training group. Assist with other training groups as necessary.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Lead, inspire and encourage athletes to maximize their individual performance. Mentor coaches to effectively lead young athletes.
- Seek out and implement new coaching techniques for continuous improvement.
- Advise swimmers of events they should swim at meets. Encourage members to swim at their highest level.
- Recruit, retain and grow the team.
- Assist with college recruitment process for applicable swimmers.
- Oversee all aspects of club daily operations in support of team goals and objectives. Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with parents, athletes and board members.
- Communicate timely with other teams regarding meet participation and entries.
- Perform administrative functions such as site scheduling for practices.
- Participate in monthly board meetings, keeping members informed of team operations and performance. Work with the board to ensure club goals and objectives are met.
- Act as team representative while attending LSC meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of individual and relay performances, meet participation, practice attendance and more.
- Follow and enforce EST board policies and procedures. Maintain professional standard of safety, appearance and readiness.
- Must hold current USA swimming coach credential
- ASCA level 3 (or higher) certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in health, recreation, education or a related field, recommended.
- Strong track record as an outstanding technical swim coach with demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Advanced experience coaching various ages and skill levels in a competitive environment.
- Familiar with Team Unify and HyTek.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and team goals and encourage others to do the same.
- Effective communication with other coaches, athletes, parents and board members.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and credentials.
The start date for this position is flexible but ideally would be not later than April 1, 2017.
How to Apply
Please submit resume with cover letter, references and salary requirement to Maureen Mustard (at [email protected]) and Shannon Deschenes (at [email protected]).
Shannon Deschenes or Maureen Mustard