Location: 1184 West Main Street, Decatur, IL, USA
|Millikin University seeks an Assistant Swimming and Triathlon Coach. This is a 12-month administrative position reporting to the Director/Head Coach of Swimming and Triathlon. This position provides leadership for the day-to-day training and development of the men’s and women’s swim teams, as well as the women’s triathlon team; provides leadership and serves as a role model to student athletes; assists with the recruitment and enrollment of undergraduate students; and must have the ability to work independently to achieve institutional and divisional goals and objects. You may view a complete position description at www.millikin.edu/employment.Primary Responsibilities as Assistant Swimming and Triathlon Coach:
1.Provide leadership for the recruiting and retention of quality student athletes.
2.Coach and teach skills and tactics necessary for a successful swimming and triathlon programs.
3.Conduct camps and clinics to promote the University and the athletic programs.
4.Ability to positively interact with media, alumni and friends of the University.
1. Recruit quality athletes to the swimming and triathlon programs. Create a positive team culture that leads to success. Foster good relationships with the local high school swim coaches and the triathlon community. 2.Responsible for assisting with and leading the organization of practices, monitoring academic progress of the student-athletes, swimming and triathlon meet day management and strategy, adhere to the budget and fund raise money for specific needs of the team.
3.Comply with all applicable Millikin University, CCIW and NCAA rules, regulations and policies.
1.Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
2.A second duty may be assigned dependent upon on the candidate’s strengths and experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references to millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package.
|Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Successful swimming history and coaching experience preferred
• Well-developed administrative skills and attention to detail
• Experience with community relations, fundraising and related activities.
• Exceptional communication skills required.
• A commitment to the NCAA Division III rules, regulations and philosophy.
How to Apply
Please apply directly at https://millikin.edu/job-posting/assistant-swimming-and-triathlon-coach or contact Molly Duesterhaus at [email protected]