Applications due 07/31/20
Date posted: July 8, 2020
Location: 400 Normandy St, Cary, NC 27511, USA
Title: Events & Lifeguard Manager
Department: Triangle Aquatic Center
Reporting: Director of Operations
As the Events & Lifeguard Manager for the facility, the successful candidate will be accountable for leading team-oriented efforts to meet TAC’s high-quality standards in attracting, planning and organizing, and ultimately executing all activities related to hosting local, state, regional, and national level swim meets and events at the facility. Responsible for event budget targets, the candidate will work a flexible schedule, but must be willing to work weekends when events are typically held. Candidate will also be responsible daily management of staff lifeguards, including staffing, scheduling, training and development along with coordinate all certification programs and classes offered by the Center.
About The Triangle Aquatic Center
The Triangle Aquatic Center (“TAC”) is a nonprofit public aquatic facility located in Cary, North Carolina with a Mission to build and operate public aquatic facilities for the health, safety, recreation and competition needs of Triangle citizens and aquatic organizations. TAC is the largest nonprofit public aquatic facility ever built in the country without one dollar of tax funding or subsidies. The aquatic facility is built on 21.5 acres, less than a mile off a major Interstate, I-40. The facility includes a 50-Meter pool, a 10-lane 25-yard pool and a warm water teaching pool. Supporting amenities include an 1,800-person spectator atrium and stadium, full-service Poolside Grill, Smart Athlete Physiotherapy, classroom and gallery. TAC programs include: TITANS Aquatic Programs, Fitness and Certification Classes; as well as the TAC TITANS, an 800+ swimmer USA Swimming year-round swim team.
About the Triangle Region
The Triangle Region of North Carolina is consistently recognized as one of the best places to live, work and play in the country. The Triangle is consistently ranked in the Top-10 of best swimming communities in the country by USA Swimming. It is home to Raleigh, the capital of NC and three highly recognized universities, Duke University, NC State and UNC-Chapel Hill. The Triangle is a prosperous community of nearly 2 Million people with 47% earning a college degree. The Research Triangle Park is located in the heart of the Triangle and is home to many corporate headquarters and technology companies with a strong entrepreneurial culture.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities – Events
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of event personnel;
- Manage event volunteer staff, hospitality and admissions;
- Work directly with all areas of TAC programming and operations;
- Coordinate with internal and external event clientele to maximize the guest and athlete experience and TAC profitability;
- Manage all aspects of events operations, including facility setup and teardown, equipment setup and operations, incident management, create and follow event templates, and achieve required results in accordance with host specifics;
- Manage all aspects of event invoicing, collection and reporting;
- Oversee TITANS and External Meet Directors;
- Liaise with meet hosts, coaches, hospitality coordinators, media, external vendors, NC Swimming and other governance organizations related to events;
- Manage meet vendors & sponsors.
Primary Responsibilities – Lifeguards
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of all lifeguard supervisors and staff;
- Continually develop lifeguard staff and identify potential supervisory personnel;
- Manage all staff to provide all patrons the best possible guest experience in terms of safety, cleanliness and enjoyment;
- Work directly with Facilities Supervisors for required pool and deck maintenance;
- Manage all TAC certification programs, including American Red Cross Certifications, Certified Pool & Spa Operator through APSA, and TAC corporate training and certification programs;
- Staffing, scheduling, continuing education and evaluation of certification instructors.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Preferred background in competitive swimming;
- Required ability to work weeknights and weekends;
- Required excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Comfortable with technology and basic Microsoft applications; web services a plus;
- Confidence in a multi-task-oriented environment
- Passion for health, safety, recreation and / or competition, preferably in aquatics;
- Highly organized and detailed oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong leader and motivator;
- Experienced management skills;
- Excellent work ethic;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a highly collaborative and dynamic growth-oriented work environment;
- Expected to work independently with good judgment and routine supervision.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Event Specific
- Preferred experience with Hytek Meet Management software;
- Preferred experience with Daktronics or event timing systems;
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – Lifeguard Specific
- Required current ARC Lifeguard Certification or the ability to achieve within thirty (30) days of employment;
- Required current ARC Lifeguard Instructor Certification or the ability to achieve within ninety (90) days of employment;
- Required current APSA Certified Pool & Spa Operator Certification (CPO) or the ability to achieve within ninety (60) days of employment;
Education: Bachelor’s degree, Advanced degree a plus.
Experience: 2-4 years proven management experience
- Base Annual Salary range $34,500-$37,000 to be reviewed after six (6) months of employment and then annually.
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement $50 per month, non-taxable
- 401(K) Retirement
- Eligible after 6 months of service
- TAC matches up 50% up to 4.0% of employee deferral.
- Group Insurance
- Eligible for Group Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- 75% TAC Contribution towards individual employee coverage (Health, Dental & Vision)
- 25% TAC Contribution towards spouse & family coverage (Health, Dental & Vision)
- 100% TAC Contribution (Life)
- Internal Programs Credit
- $1,000 credit per year. For use on all TAC & TITANS programs.
- Paid Time Off (“PTO”)
- 15 PTO days per year
- 7 paid federal holidays to include: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to Mark Frank, Director of Operations at [email protected] for immediate consideration
275 Convention Drive, Cary, NC 27511