Applications due 04/30/21
Date posted: March 9, 2021
Location: 50 Stone Road West, Guelph, ON, Canada
Director of High Performance Swim Coach
Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club – Guelph, Ontario Canada
The Guelph Marlin Aquatic Club (GMAC) is seeking a Full Time Director of High Performance Swim Coach.
GMAC is a Non Profit swim club that has between 300-600 swimmers registered throughout the year across our Learn to Swim, Competitive, Masters and Summer Lifesaving programs.
The successful candidate will bring an abundance of positive energy and focus to the senior and high performing swimmers in the club, our Masters program, and our Summer Lifesaving Program. The Director of High Performance will work collaboratively with the Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach and the coaching staff to identify and move athletes into the high performance program with GMAC and work with the athletes to set and achieve their goals, from Regionals to Trials and into post secondary competition. This position will consist of on deck coaching, administrative duties, mentoring, strategizing, and planning up to 40 hours per week.
We want to find team members who will foster a collaborative and open environment with all employees, the swim families and the Board of Directors. Candidates must be positive, enthusiastic, hard working and able to encourage and have positive energy with all athletes in our club. Teaching the fundamentals of proper stroke technique, athletic development, and physical and mental health from an early age through our swim school and into the pre-competitive and competitive programming are key tenets of this role.
The candidate must be willing to work collaboratively towards achieving and guiding all swimmers to their full potential, whether it be Learn-to-Swim, Recreational, Regional, Provincial or National Level swimming.
Director of High Performance Swim Coach Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute programs geared to Senior and High Performing Groups, Masters Program and Lifesaving
- In direct collaboration with the Director of Age Group and Development Swim Coach and/or the General Manager:
- Build a well-rounded meet schedule for our athletes and integrate into our own historically established hosted meet schedule
- Develop and implement an annual comprehensive swimming strategy that identifies the best technical training program to elevate all levels of GMAC swimmers
- Develop/execute/adjust hosted meet schedule and events
- Publish a mentorship program/schedule of all coaches who are direct reports
- Recruit and retain coaches to run programs effectively within the annual budget guidelines
- Participate in annual planning for upcoming seasons
- Conduct yearly reviews of coaches who are direct reports
- Resolve member complaints in a fair and responsible manner utilizing our operating policies as guidance
- Conduct annual club equipment inventory audit
- Directly coach at least one training group
- Maintain accurate records for swimmers and their progression
- Populate meet entries, either directly or through coaching staff, in Meet Manager based on established timelines
- Attend regular staff meetings and contribute to the team
- Engage in learning; continuing education through CSCA, NCCP development, etc
- Collaborate, develop and execute with the team on developing annual swimmer banquet
- Submit monthly reports to the GMAC Board of Directors
- Participate in all Team Functions
- Adhere to all policies including GMAC, Swim Ontario, Swimming Canada, and all facilities where we participate
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as a role model for youth with the ability to demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and have a positive and encouraging nature in a safe environment
- Be available to coach in the mornings, evenings and weekends throughout the year
- Attend 1-2 weekend meets per month
- Establish positive professional relationship with swimmers, parents, community and other coaches
- Create a fun and inviting learning environment to encourage growth and retention
- Provide clear communication with swimmers, parents, coaches, General Manager and board as required
- Contribute to weekly family communication as needed
- Assist to maintain safe social media presence promoting the team
- Minimum NCCP Age Group Coach Certified Level 2 or equivalent
- Must pass all appropriate background checks and complete Safe Sport Certification
- Current NLS & Standard First Aid
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge and experience of technical and training aspects of competitive swimming
- Strong leadership
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving abilities
- Willingness for continual education
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Computer savvy
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and copy of their Coach locker transcript from coach.ca (if applicable) to the General Manager at [email protected] by April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants but please note only shortlisted qualified applicants will be contacted.
13-370 Stone Road West Box 25017,
Guelph, Ontario Canada N1G 4V9