Applications due 03/28/17
The Director of Coaching is responsible for the leadership, management and the efficient and effective execution of the SPSC coaching program including development and sustainment of a leading swimmer development program; achievement of operational excellence; the development of club spirit and culture; and the delivery of effective pool space.
The range of duties associated with this role comprises:
- Continuing the development and communication of the SPSC coaching program, including:
- Program content, including dry-land requirements
- Pool space utilisation
- Squad structures
- Staff selection, development, succession planning and maintenance of a cohesive coaching philosophy
- Development of efficient systems and processes that aid in achieving SPSC goals
- Facilitation of specialist support services e.g. physical trainers, dieticians, physiotherapists and sports psychologists.
- Identification of new initiatives and processes aligned to the Club Vision and Goals that add real competitive value and remove those that restrict performance
- Developing, leading and managing change in the swimming development program
- Developing and achieving effective and efficient pool space strategies
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Attracting new swimmers, increasing swimmer retention, improving perception of value, improving swimming performance.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the strategic direction and business plans for SPSC.
- Continue to lead and further develop the coaching development program
- Actively participating in the development of the LTS program and the mentoring of LTS instructors to ensure the overall unity, integration and coherent development of all the swimmers and swimming programs
The position requires the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Gold Coaching licence or equivalent
- Membership of ASCTA (Vic)
- A current Working With Children Check (Vic)
- Australian Drivers licence
- Current pool lifeguard & First Aid Certificate
- Strength & Fitness coaching qualifications (desirable)
- Professional or vocational qualifications in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability in the development and delivery of age group coaching programs
- Demonstrated ability in development and delivery of a high performance coaching program
- Demonstrated experience in providing coaching support to national and international representative teams
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and influence people
An attractive salary package is available for the right person.
A Position Description can be provided on request.
In accordance with the Safe Sport Framework we require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening and background check process prior to appointment. Please refer to the Child Protection Commitment here
How to Apply
Suitable applicants should email a short cover letter and a copy of their resume to: [email protected]