Location: 2625 Patricia Drive, Santa Clara, CA, USA
Santa Clara Swim Club is seeking a full-time Competitive Swimming Director to support the Head Coach. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing the auxiliary programs, general staff management, water scheduling and facility relationships, club communications and home meet coordinator. Responsibilities also include maintenance of the Club’s policies and procedures, and regular reporting of relevant membership information to the Board of Directors and the management team. This individual will need to drive increased membership and profitability for our auxiliary programs, including the Learn-to-Swim group, our satellite sites, and the Masters and Water Polo programs. The Competitive Director will report to the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in competitive swimming is required
- Strong management skills needed, with experience managing activities of two or more functions
- Key relationships with important customers and vendors have been developed.
- Has the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a member of a team
- Highly energetic and proactive with excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Excel and Word a plus
- Has a significant role in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
- Direct management of the auxiliary programs
- Schedule of practice / pool use
- Facility and city liaison
- General staff management
- Club communication
- Parent liaison
- Office administration
- Home meet coordinator
- Team and Individual Membership and Registration
- Website management
- Volunteer liaison
Salary will be commensurate with nonprofit organizations. Full-time benefits include medical, dental and paid vacation/holiday.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, and three references to [email protected]