Applications due 03/15/21
Date posted: February 9, 2021
Location: Pinewood Aquatic Center, Columbia Falls, MT, USA
1. Must be available for employment approximately June 1, 2021 to August 15, 2021. May be excused for
up to one swim meet with commensurate reduction in pay with approval from Swim Team Board.
2. Must be available for Divisional and State Swim Meets.
3. Must be Lifeguard Certified.
4. Must have demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to work with age groups ranging from 5 to
19 years old (i.e. prior experience as coach, swim instructor, camp counselor, teacher, etc.).
5. Must have demonstrated ability to instruct the four basic swim strokes, flip turns, and dives all at a
1. Provide a safe and fun atmosphere to develop the children as swimmers and members of a team.
2. Supervise a staff that may include a paid assistant coach and volunteer assistant coaches; responsible
for assigning job duties to the assistant coach(es).
3. Supervise and instruct all CFST members during practice sessions and at swim meets.
4. Conduct yourself and your staff in a professional manner and as role models at all times.
5. Enforce the Columbia Falls Swim Team (CFST) Code of Conduct.
6. Recommend all swim team members meet established curfew times at swim meets.
7. Travel to swim meets each weekend (a travel stipend is provided).
8. Prepare and submit in a timely manner all appropriate paperwork and/or computer files for upcoming
9. Work with swim team members to show improvement in their swimming performance and prepare
them for competitive swim meets each weekend.
10. Give attention to individual swimmers with personal goals being set for each swimmer.
11. Create an effective written plan to manage and challenge swimmers at each practice session. This plan
must include, but is not limited to, practice times by age group; instruction of warm-up stretches and
activities; lane assignments; practice of each stroke, flip turns and diving; and conditioning. The
practice plan will be developmentally appropriate and will aid the swimmer in developing a legal and
effective stroke, and will improve technique and conditioning of each swimmer.
12. Prepare the pool for practice with the assistance of appointed swimmers.
13. Develop team rules to include consequences and rewards. Examples include practice times, attendance
at breakfast meetings, etc. This plan will be written and presented to the swim team members. An
individual’s discipline should not interfere with other team member’s swim time.
14. Create a recognition program to reward swimmers making an exceptional effort during practice and
15. Provide information, in a timely manner, to the Hungry Horse News concerning the performance of
the CFST and individual swimmers at each meet.
16. Encourage senior swimmers to be, and developed as, positive leaders and role models for the team.
17. Report to CFST Board President all incidences of inappropriate parental or community involvement or
criticism of CFST operations. Consult with the CFST Board President or other officers if the President
is unavailable, prior to taking action to address parental or community concerns.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a list of references to [email protected] . Please reference the job title in the
PO Box 156
Columbia Falls, MT 59912