Date posted: June 8, 2020
Location: Campbell, CA, USA
Category Manager, SwimOutlet.com Competitive Swim
Campbell, CA (WFH) | SwimOutlet.com | Reports to the Vice President of Merchandising
Who we are
SwimOutlet.com is the largest online specialty store for aquatics in the United States and has the largest selection for swimming, fashion swim, beach and surf!
The Category Manager, SwimOutlet.com Competitive Swim is responsible for the online merchandising strategy and driving sales growth by creating and optimizing a compelling assortment of products across all competitive swim categories. This role will lead our competitive swim team and oversee all aspects of retail buying from managing our merchandising process, maintaining optimal inventory levels, to finding and negotiating terms with new and current vendors. Key metrics for success include achieving sales plans and profit margins, accurately forecasting product demand and maintaining optimal inventory levels. This role is based out of our Headquarters in Campbell, CA and is a remote work role.
What you will do
- Achieve company sales and profit margin goals
- Identify product and business opportunities by analyzing sales performance, profit margins, market trends and customers reactions or PT
- Maximize profitability by constantly seeking opportunities to enhance margins, increase sales, expand payment terms, drive down costs, and improve inventory turns
- Direct and manage all aspects of merchandising including product presentation/placement, imaging, descriptions, pricing, and competitive analysis to maximize profit based on rigorous analytical research
- Develop and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that demonstrate merchandising success
- Optimize Keyword use and effectiveness with product naming, product descriptions and onsite meta tags and meta titles to further enhance SEO
- Create planning budgets and manage the marketing calendar
- Ensure product assortment and pricing are aligned with the market
- Accurate forecasting of product demand and profit margins
- Plan and manage the timing and flow of products based on seasonal plans and entrance and exit strategies
- Direct the overall look and feel of SwimOutlet.com Competitive Swim and deliver an authentic user experience
- Lead and manage vendor relations including product selection, negotiation, communication and partnership development
- Cultivate strong vendor relationships
- Lead the SwimOutlet.com Competitive Swim merchandising team, keeping them focused on priorities and execution
- Manage, mentor and support the career development of the team to ensure job satisfaction and future talent development
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to drive category results
Who you are
- A strong leader with 5 years of management or executive experience and 5+ years retail buying and or merchandising experience with at least 3 years in an ecommerce environment
- A college/university graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- A great negotiator, good listener, problem solver and someone who has the ability to make smart decisions in the absence of perfect information
- Possess a clear understanding of retail math and financial measurements
- Have superior financial management, merchandising and analytical skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to articulate concepts to the Web Content, Buying and Merchandising Teams and work effectively with internal departments
- Be adept at forming relationships with various partners inside and outside the company
- Know your way around G-Suite and have strong Excel skills
- Have a positive “roll with it” attitude and a strong work ethic
- Must have a passion for Aquatics!
- Experience buying for competitive swim products, active lifestyle products and aquatic related products
- Triathlon, cycling, running, aquatics or yoga background
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Role Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular full-time role. Hours may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position may require occasional domestic and international travel.
How to Apply
Please apply here.