Location: Liberty, MO 64068, USA
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full time 10-month assignment
The Assistant Swimming Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Swimming Coach with the management and administration of all activities related to his/her sport including recruiting, training, and coaching student-athletes participating in the sports. The Assistant Swim Coach is fully responsible for compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations as well as Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) rules and all College policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the conduct of in-season and out-of-season training sessions.
- On deck coaching responsibility attending practices as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Evaluating talent and recruiting prospective student-athletes.
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Participating in community service and fund-raising activities.
- Comply with all administrative staff on reports and forms that need to be completed.
- Follow college policy of receiving advanced approval for all purchases over $500, any hotel or flight in accordance with the Expense Authorization policy of the College.
- Monitor the travel roster online to assure that it is completed prior to travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience coaching swimming at the college, high school, age group level and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Effective communicator, written and verbal.
- Experience in recruiting and/or team management.
- Competitive experience at the collegiate level.
- An understanding of the rules and policies of the NCAA.
Normal office environment as well as indoor and outdoor athletics facilities. Evening, weekend, and travel work required. Physically able to lift 25 pounds and attend practice and competitive sessions indoors and outdoors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply
Candidates must submit the following documents via email to [email protected]:
- Letter of application
- William Jewell College application
- Salary Requirements
The application can also be found on our website at http://www.jewell.edu/jobs.
Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Applicants who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make such accommodation request in advance to the Office of Human Resources:
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 64068
Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled.
All final candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: We educate our community to ask reflective questions, apply critical thought, and act with purpose.
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.