Date posted: June 17, 2021
Location: Waltham, MA, USA
Crimson Aquatics – Boston Branch, is seeking an Assistant Coaches for senior and age group to join our established and successful swim team based in Boston, MA. Crimson Aquatics is home to Olympians, National team members, National junior team members, Olympic trial qualifiers, and National champions. We have consistently been recognized as a top 200 clubs in the country by USA Swimming’s Club Excellence Program and are currently a Bronze Medal club. With over 160 swimmers and counting we train out of three facilities: Dexter Southfield School located in Brookline; Brandeis University located in Waltham; and The Boys and Girls Club of Watertown located in Waltham.
We are looking for a time commitment of 10-20 hours. This would include practices and other administrative duties as needed. Candidates must demonstrate a proven aptitude for coaching as illustrated by a strong work ethic, organizational skills, computer skills, and the ability to interact professionally. The successful candidate must work closely with other coaches in carrying out the philosophy and objectives of Crimson Aquatics.
Pay will be commensurate with experience. We also have additional hours available for day swim classes through our partnership with Dexter Southfield School.
- Plan and execute the training for assigned groups under the directions of Head Age Group Coach, Kyle Harris.
- Assist the Head Coach with execution of training for the High-Performance and Senior Groups.
- Other Duties for the coach include, but are not limited to:
- Motivating swimmers of all ages to be great in a positive way
- Helping the Head Age Group Coach develop and implement a seasonal plan for the (including dryland)
- Assisting with other groups as needed
- Administrative duties, such as, meet entry, tracking progress, and email communication with parents
- Attending staff meetings as scheduled
- Attending swim meets as needed
- Attending team functions (banquet, team-building activities)
- Strong understanding of the sport of swimming and the rules and regulations
- A sound understanding of stroke mechanics and training techniques.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of competitive swim experience
- Communicate effectively and timely with the coaching staff, swimmers and parents as needed
- Must have/demonstrate professionalism, decision making skills, and a willingness to follow directives from the Head Coach, and Head Age Group Coach
- Individual characteristics: positive, energetic, flexible, passionate, team-oriented, etc.
- Must have, or obtain prior to start date, all relevant USA Swimming coach certifications: Adult & Pediatric/Child CPR and AED, Safety Training for Swim Coaches, USA Swimming Background Check, and Athlete Protection Training
- Must have, or be willing to learn, basic working knowledge of Team Unify
- Must have a desire to learn and continue coaching education
- 2+ years of coaching experience
- Preference given to swim experience at a college level
- Experience with Team Manager, Team Unify, and/or HyTex Meet Manager
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Head Age Group Coach, Kyle Harris at [email protected] and cc Head Coach Jen Purvis at [email protected] Acceptance and review of applications will begin ASAP and continue until the position is filled. Prospective applicants will be interviewed by both Coach Kyle, Coach Jen, and potentially the club owners to ensure the best possible fit with our team.
For additional information about the Crimson Aquatics please visit: www.CrimsonAquatics.com