Applications due 07/08/22
Date posted: June 21, 2022
Location: 16401 NW 37th Ave, Miami, FL, USA
The primary function of the Assistant Coach is to assist the Head Coach in all program operations, including recruiting, retaining and coaching members of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Teams. The Assistant Coach is responsible for day-to-day coaching responsibilities and is expected to meet recruiting and retention goals. This position will also assist the Head Coach on the coordination of travel, meet management, equipment management, and fundraising.
The following list of duties is meant to be representative of the work performed in this position. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical extension of position responsibilities.
- Recruit, retain and graduate successful student-athletes
- Assist in executing recruiting strategies to meet the recruitment and retention goals set by the University
- Collaborate with the Head Coach on ensuring academic performance and personal development of student-athletes is in alignment with institutional and program goals
- Assist the Head Coach with all operations of running a successful swimming and diving program
- Demonstrate high level of intercultural competence and the ability to work with diverse population
- Maintain a high level of professionalism on and off the pool deck toward student athletes, other coaches, parents, administrators, and members of the community
- Adhere all St. Thomas, Sun Conference and NAIA rules and regulations
- Attend regular athletic and admission staff meetings
- Assume additional administrative responsibilities within Athletics Department, as assigned by the Director of Athletics
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Valid driver’s license, required
- First Aid and AED certification, required
- Relevant coaching experience at the collegiate level, strongly preferred
- Recruiting experience at the collegiate level, strongly preferred
- ASCA Level 1 or above, preferred
- USA Swimming coaching experience, preferred
- Intercultural competency: ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Able to develop and maintain collaborative relationships, engage in creative problem-solving, and extend enlightened hospitality when working with others.
- Must understand and value the Catholic educational experience for students at St. Thomas University, especially personal/leadership development
- Ability to work early mornings, weekdays, weekends, and some evenings
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess an outcomes-oriented approach to coaching
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
How to Apply
Interested candidates must email their resume/CV and a cover letter to Caesar Asadi ([email protected]).
16401 NW 37th Ave
Miami, FL 33054