Date posted: March 16, 2021
Location: 279th Ave, Draper, SD 57531, USA
Assistant Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
About Augustana University:
Augustana University is located in the growing and vibrant city of Sioux Falls, SD with a metro area of over 265,000 people. Augustana University has, for more than 150 years, provide a strong student-centric education based on its five core values: Christian Faith, Liberal Arts, Excellence, Community and Service. Currently with 21 NCAA Division II sports programs, Augustana Athletics is focused on building champions in the classroom, in competition and in the community, highlighted by three team national championships over the last five seasons. Ranking in the Top 20 of the NCAA Learfield Directors’ Cup nine of the past ten years, Augustana is currently implanting its’ new strategic plan, Viking Bold: The Journey to 2030, including a goal of transitioning to NCAA Division 1 Intercollegiate Athletics.
Augustana University (SD) is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Coach for Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving.
- Assist Head Coach in day to day program administration
- Recruiting Coordinator – lead recruiter and work with head coach to recruit and award scholarships to student-athletes
- Assist in fundraising to support the program
- Lead coach of the sprint group and assist in on deck coaching of other training groups
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies of the university, athletics department and swimming program to insure academic progress of student-athletes.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength & Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, NCAA Compliance and Media Relations areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines of Augustana University and the Department of Athletics.
- Attend all staff and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Work with Head Coach to manage budget.
- Assist in hiring and supervising Graduate Assistants.
- Manage Team Travel.
- Represent the institution and department in a positive and professional manner.
- Activate and track community service projects by team.
- Teach one swimming course in the Spring Semester.
- Other duties as assigned to help build the brand and promote Augustana Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Preference will be given to those with college coaching experience.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work varying hours which may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Previous coaching experience in a collegiate level program.
- Former student-athlete
- Experience in recruiting qualified student-athletes.
Candidates with a deep appreciation of and respect for academic values and culture as well as a demonstrated ability to create meaningful working relationships with students, faculty, and leadership with diverse backgrounds and points of view will be given priority consideration.
Augustana University will continue to monitor concerns related to COVID-19 and its variants in the months to come, and we expect to provide all, or nearly all, of our instruction in face-to-face labs and classes beginning in the fall of 2021. Applicants for faculty and staff positions should thus be prepared to participate fully in on-campus, face-to-face experiences in the coming academic year.
Augustana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain a talented and diverse workforce. Augustana University is committed to excellence through diversity and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. Submission of official transcripts may be required upon employment. Finalist candidates must satisfactorily complete a pre-employment background check.
How to Apply
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an Augustana University’s employment application, provide a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. Valuing diversity and inclusivity are important aspects of the culture and ethics of Augustana University. Please share how you envision embracing and advancing these ideals. Application materials should be sent electronically to [email protected].
2001 S. Summit Avenue
Sioux Falls, SD 57197