Applications due 09/22/17
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Assistant Head Swim Coach. Under the direction of the Aquatics Director and Director of Competitive Swimming, the Assistant Head Panthers Swim Coach is responsible for managing and coaching the year round USA swim team; maintaining a safe and effective learning environment while focusing on the fulfillment of clients’ swimming goals; achieving personal revenue goals; and providing the best customer service and hospitality to members and guests.
- Provide coaching for swim team; provide specific and corrective feedback to each swimmer at each session
- Design and deliver effective, consistent, and rewarding season plan and daily workouts
- Recruit new swimmers to join swim team
- Collaborate with other Bay Club Head Coaches, delivering a consistent, team oriented program
- Actively participate in events, programs meetings and trainings
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current USA Swimming Coach Certified
- ASCA Certified preferred
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications or Swim Coach Safety Training
- Experience in Competitive Swimming as a participant or a coach
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills
Hours: Will vary, but flexible.
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter to the Aquatics Director, Laszlo Perlaky.
[email protected] ; phone: 650.517.5915