Applications due 10/01/17
************************THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED**********************************
The Winter Haven Stingrays Swim Team (WIN – FL) is seeking an Assistant Head Coach for our year-round club. As a non-profit swim club, the team is community supported and overseen by our elected Stingrays Board of Directors. We take great pride in the accomplishments of our coaching staff. For information on our team, please visit our team’s website: Winter Haven Stingrays.
This position reports to the Head Coach. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Head Coach is to oversee the training activities of the swimmers in the team’s age group and senior competitive program in accordance with the team mission and vision. They will assist the Head Coach with administrative and on-deck responsibilities, including at home and away meets. Other duties may be assigned by the Head Coach based on the overall needs of the team.
- Accept direction from the Head Coach but have the ability to work independently.
- Develop and execute training plans for the team’s age group and senior competitive program.
- Take responsibility for the behavior, discipline and actions of athletes during practices, competitions, and other organized team activities.
- Set performance goals for team age group swimmers and report these goals to the parents, and as necessary, the Head Coach.
- Recruit new athletes at all age and competition levels. • Establish an environment that fosters positive team attitudes, encourages self-discipline, citizenship, sportsmanship and responsibility.
- Attend USA Swimming events and LSC events as directed by the Head Coach.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, preferably at the collegiate level, with a minimum of 5 years progressive coaching experience for swimmers of all abilities. Collegiate coaching experience is a plus.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate appropriate goals and progressions to swimmers and parents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be energetic and provide daily positive feedback to every swimmer.
- Strong knowledge of stroke technique progression, dry land progression, training progression and taper strategies.
- Member in good standing with USA Swimming, ASCA and current on all background checks and certifications.
- Experience with OME, Meet Manager and Team Unify
How to Apply
Email resume including references by September 29, 2017, to Mary Dilorenzo, President, Board of Directors @ [email protected]
Mary Dilorenzo, President, Board of Directors