Applications due 08/09/16
Job Title: Assistant Coach and Aquatics Staff Associate
Reports To: Dir. Competitive Swimming & Aquatics Dir.
Applicable Departments: Aquatics & Competitive Swimming
FLSA Status: Full Time, hourly, $30,000
Summary Requirements: Consistent with the Christian mission and code of conduct of the Waynesboro Family YMCA, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Aquatics Director & Director of Competitive Swimming, the Assistant Coach and Aquatics Staff Associate is responsible for assisting in day-to-day operations of all competitive swimming programming and aquatics as assigned. Works independently under general direction and is expected to determine how to accomplish tasks.
Supervises: Supervises part-time and non-exempt employees and volunteers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; reviewing and approving timesheets; appraising performance; monitoring and updating all required staff certifications; addressing complaints and resolving problems; organizing volunteer program for maximum coverage; keeps aquatics equipment updated and in working order, and organizes and oversees appropriate special programming.
Education and Experience: Bachelor degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field. Two years related experience.
Certificates, Licenses and Trainings Required:
ASCA Level 2
Child Abuse Awareness and Reporting Training (Y will provide)
CPR, First Aid and AED Certified*
Must be at least 21 years of age
Minimum of two years coaching and/or aquatics experience.
*Must be American Red Cross/YMCA accredited certifications.
- Work collaboratively with the Head coach to develop a plan for cohesiveness in training and stroke development throughout all skill levels
- Responsible for coaching developmental and age group swimmers
- Assist the Aquatics Director in program and staff scheduling
- Ability to assist in planning and facilitating appropriate strength and conditioning programming
- Responsible for completing assigned group meet entries.
- Assist the Head Coach in team communication and other assigned administrative work
- Assist the Aquatics director in pool management and maintenance.
- Design and implement season training progression reflecting team philosophy, mission and goals for assigned groups.
- Assist in development of group calendars and practice schedules
- Assist Aquatics Director in teaching and staff scheduling of the learn to swim program.
Function by Program Area
- Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Performs lifeguard and swim instructor duties as required.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to participate in structured classes, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Swim Meets: Attendance of swim meets as required by the Director of Competitive Swimming.
Applicants should email cover letter, resumes and references to Head Coach Scott Thacker at [email protected]
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume and references to Scott Thacker at [email protected]
648 S Wayne Ave