The Assistant Coach, Swimming & Diving will assist the head coach in all efforts to recruit, retain, and train qualified student-athletes to compete for the swimming & diving program at Wheaton College (Massachusetts).
Responsibilities of the Assistant Coach, Swimming & Diving include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist the head coach in preparing the swimming & diving team for a full intercollegiate varsity season.
• Travel locally, regionally and nationally to identify prospective student-athletes and assist the head coach in all aspects of the recruiting process.
• Assist with developing and managing swimming & diving operating, recruiting and fundraising budgets; assist with all fundraising initiatives for the swimming & diving program.
• Assist with organizing and conducting practices and managing all in-game operations.
• Travel locally, regionally and nationally for any regular-season contests, championships, conference and/or national meetings, fundraising, alumni, and community events.
• Assist in monitoring student-athlete academic progress and be available for consultation and support for student-athletes.
• Comply with all NCAA, NEWMAC and Wheaton College rules and regulations.
• Assist with team equipment and uniform and gear purchases.
• Serve as a game manager for varsity sport competitions outside of the swimming & diving season and hold a secondary duty within the department.
• Serve on department and campus-wide committees as assigned.
• Oversee student manager and/or recruiting assistant.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Valid driver’s license.
• First Aid and CPR certified.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
Apply online at: http://jobs.wheatoncollege.edu/postings/2490