Applications due 09/09/18
Location: Lewellen Aquatic Center, North McKinley Avenue, Muncie, IN, USA
Under supervision of the Head Coach, provide support with coaching, recruiting, meet management, organizing and administering day-to-day operations of the swimming and diving program; provide support with team fund-raising activities, community services, etc.; support the academic progress of student-athletes; and show commitment to and responsibility for adhering to all rules and regulations of Ball State University, the Mid-American Conference, and the NCAA; and pass the NCAA certification examination on an annual basis.
1) Provide support with all team activities relating to the Ball State Swimming & Diving team.
2) Assist with development and implementation of the season training plan on a daily basis.
3) Provide support with the recruitment of prospective student-athletes for the Swimming and Diving Team.
4) Provide support with team fund-raising activities, community service activities, alumni relations, etc.
5) Assist with the development and implementation of the dryland/strength training program.
6) Assist with various social media platforms for Ball State Swimming & Diving.
7) Support the academic progress of student-athletes.
8) Provide support with daily operations as it relates to the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams plus other athletic department issues.
9) Show commitment to and responsibility for, adherence to all rules and regulations of Ball State University, the Mid-American Conference and the NCAA.
10) Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by date of appointment.
Previous coaching experience, competitive experience at the NCAA and/or USA Club Coaching level.
Possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the university’s auto fleet policy.
Authorization to work in the US Candidates for searches must have current authorization to be employed in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
Successful coaching and recruiting experience at the collegiate level.
Requires successful completion of a background check and education verification.
Certifications in CPA/AED and First Aid or become certified upon employment
How to Apply
Candidates interested should apply online at:
Ball State Jobs: Professional
Posting Number: 201700312P
Ball State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that is strongly and actively committed to diversity within its community. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.