Applications due 03/31/17
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within the aquatic /pool areas in the Clubhouse and Camp Simmons. Head coach of vibrant swim team program. Maintain schedules and practices for the team as well as supervise coaching assistants as needed. Plans, implements, supervises and evaluates all swimming pool programming–encompassing teaching of lessons, swim team, free swim, family swim and special events for members and open community. Must be willing to be in the water, teaching lessons, as a way to lead by example.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth For Success / Leadership
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Promote and stimulate program participation…enact incentive award program / recognition.
- Outreach and register new members and participate in Club orientation process.
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills.
Program Development and Implementation
- Effectively generate and implement a spectrum of aquatic programming consistent with Club organization goals and mission. Ensure that entire aquatic staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program and have the proper training and certifications to instruct / lifeguard.
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance and cleanliness of pool areas at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Control program and activity expenditures within approved budget.
- Ensure a productive work environment with subordinate staff with weekly / periodic staff meetings.
- Recruit, train and manage assigned staff / lifeguards and volunteers; provide ongoing feedback; and identify and support ongoing development opportunities.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club aquatic programs and overall Club programs and services and maintain good public relations.
- Support other Club programming as required.
- Support Club special events.
- Must be able to work from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Monday – Friday). Swim season schedule to be determined that will include Saturday responsibilities
- Certified as an Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or Certified Pool Operation (CPO)
- Certification in first aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and WSI lifeguard training or equivalent
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
- Ability to see and hear individuals in pool/pool area.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
This position is classified as Salaried-Exempt status. As defined by the Fair Labor Standards Act, “exempt” status employees are exempt from the protections of the wage and hour laws of their state, or of the FLSA. “Exempt” employees must always be paid on a salary basis, not subject to reduction based on the quality or quantity of work performed.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
TO APPLY CONTACT:
Bobby Walker, Jr., CEO
Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
[email protected], 203-869-3224
How to Apply
email [email protected]
Bobby Walker, Jr.
4 Horseneck Ln.