2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Friday Finals Heat Sheets
Swimming fans will miss out on the highly anticipated 200 fly showdown between Texas teammates Jack Conger and Joseph Schooling. Defending NCAA champion and record holder Schooling swam through the morning heats in 1:45.47, placing 37th overall.
Schooling, who swam a personal best 1:37.97 to smash the NCAA Record at last season’s NCAAs, came into the meet with a season best time of 1:41.58. We haven’t seen him swim this race all that often this year, and he didn’t swim the final of the event at the Big 12 Championships.
Schooling took it out in 49.18, staying within striking range, but struggled on the back half with a 56.29.
Texas still has a big title contender in Conger, who advanced as the top seed in 1:39.88. In his junior season, he broke the American Record, coming up just short to Schooling. Now a senior, this will be Conger’s final individual swim as a collegiate swimmer, and his last chance to finally win an individual title after several narrow misses.