Courtesy: Alabama Athletics
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama swimming and diving is set to close out its regular season Friday at 1 p.m. against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in Atlanta, Ga.
The Crimson Tide last competed at the McAuley Aquatic Center last season in the Georgia Tech Fall Invitational where the Crimson Tide broke eight school records during the event. The two teams last met in a dual meet on Jan. 20, 2017, with Alabama winning both the men’s meet (145-96) and the women’s meet (150-91) in Atlanta.
Interim Head Coach Ozzie Quevedo Said
“We’re excited to get out there and compete on Friday. It feels like it’s been a long time since we’ve faced another team, and this will give us a chance to work on the details in a competitive environment, both off the blocks and off the boards, before we transition to the championship season. This meet will also serve as the last regular-season competition for a senior class that has meant so much to our program.”
The Crimson Tide Seniors
- The Crimson Tide held its Senior Day festivities on Friday, Jan. 15, recognizing 14 swimmers and one diver, with eight men and seven women
- Five members of Alabama’s senior class have earned All-America honors, while eight have earned Scholar All-America accolades
- Three of this year’s seniors have won SEC titles and were part of SEC record setting relays
- Six of this year’s seniors have set Alabama school records during their careers
- Those honored last Friday include Cade Auerbach, Jonathan Berneburg, Sam DiSette, Lydia Jackson, Shumpei Komatsu, Flora Molnar, Meg Peel, Nico Perner, Maria Reed, Alex Robinson, Tyler Sesvold, Andrew Shea, Mallory Underwood, Tori VanBuskirk and Kaila Wong
- Alabama opens the postseason with the SEC Championships, which will be broken into three different segments this season
- Women’s swimming February 17-20 at Gabrielsen Natatorium in Athens, Ga.
- Men’s and women’s diving February 17-20 at the Mizzou Aquatic Center in Columbia, Mo.
- Men’s swimming February 23-26 at the Mizzou Aquatic Center in Columbia, Mo.
For all the latest information on the Alabama swimming and diving teams, follow AlabamaSwimDive on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. General athletic news can be found @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.