2020 TOKYO SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES
- When: Pool swimming: Saturday, July 24 – Sunday, August 1, 2021
- Open Water swimming: Wednesday, August 4 – Thursday, August 5, 2021
- Where: Olympic Aquatics Centre / Tokyo, Japan
- Heats: 7 PM / Semifinals & Finals: 10:30 AM (Local time)
- Full aquatics schedule
- SwimSwam Event Previews
- Entry Lists
- Live Results
- Relay Lineups
As predicted, the United States will enter an entirely new lineup in tonight’s final for the women’s 4×100 medley relay.
In prelims, the US utilized Rhyan White, Lilly King, Claire Curzan, and Erika Brown to claim the second seed in the event. Instead, Regan Smith, Lydia Jacoby, Torri Huske, and Abbey Weitzeil will swim in the final. Notably, this means that Olympic gold medalist Simone Manuel will not be on this relay after failing to make the 100 freestyle individually.
Canada’s breaststroke leg was one of the biggest question marks entering this event, and they have elected to remain with Sydney Pickrem. In prelims, Pickrem only split a 1:07. However, the Canadian breaststrokers haven’t shown their best form here, leaving limited options. Canada will still bring in Kylie Masse and Penny Oleksiak to bring them a boost in finals.
Italy’s breaststroker was also uncertain entering finals, as Arianna Castiglioni, Martina Carraro, and Benedetta Pilato we’re all viable options. Especially after Castiglioni split 1:05 in the prelims relay. However, they opted to utilize Carraro, keeping the veteran on the relay.
Full Start List:
- ROC (KAMENEVA Mariia, CHIKUNOVA Evgeniia, CHIMROVA Svetlana, SURKOVA Arina)
- Sweden (COLEMAN Michelle, HANSSON Sophie, HANSSON Louise, SJOESTROEM Sarah)
- Australia (McKEOWN Kaylee, HODGES Chelsea, McKEON Emma, CAMPBELL Cate)
- Canada (MASSE Kylie, PICKREM Sydney, MACNEIL Margaret, OLEKSIAK Penny)
- USA (SMITH Regan, JACOBY Lydia, HUSKE Torri, WEITZEIL Abbey)
- Italy (PANZIERA Margherita, CARRARO Martina, di LIDDO Elena, PELLEGRINI Federica)
- Japan (KONISHI Anna, WATANABE Kanako, IKEE Rikako, IGARASHI Chihiro)
- China (PENG Xuwei, TANG Qianting, ZHANG Yufei, YANG Junxuan)