2021 NCAA WOMEN’S SWIMMING & DIVING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- When: Wednesday, March 17 – Saturday, March 20, 2021
- Where: Greensboro Aquatic Center / Greensboro, NC (Eastern Time Zone)
- Prelims 10 AM / Finals 6 PM (Local Time)
- Short course yards (SCY) format
- Defending champion: Stanford (3x) – 2019 results
- Streaming: ESPN3
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results – Swimming
- Live Results – Diving
- Day 3 Prelims Heat Sheet
A pair of swimmers seeded in scoring position have scratched out of their respective events for Day 3 prelims at the 2021 Women’s NCAA Championships.
Parker, who swam her entry time of 1:44.71 (a personal best) at the SECs last month, split 1:45.11 on Georgia’s fifth-place finishing 800 free relay, and also competed three times on Thursday night, placing 12th in the 50 free (21.96) while leading off the Bulldogs’ 200 free relay (22.01) and anchoring the 400 medley (47.81). She still has the 100 free left on her individual schedule, and likely the 400 free relay.
Palsha also swam a best time in the event she’s scratching at SECs, having gone 4:08.02 in the prelims before placing fifth in the final (4:08.42). The 21-year-old finished 17th in the 500 free prelims on Thursday, adding more than four seconds on her entry time, and only has the Saturday’s 1650 free left on her schedule.
Stanford junior Allie Raab has dropped the 200 free as the 23rd seed, opting to focus on the 100 breaststroke (ranked 10th), and two others — Ella Kirschke (400 IM) and Megan Glass (100 fly) — have scratched those events in favor of the 200 free.
Tennessee senior Emily Sykes is notably out of both of her scheduled events (400 IM, 100 breast).
DAY 3 PRELIM SCRATCHES
- 15. Peyton Palsha, Arkansas (SR), 4:08.02
- 42. Kaitlynn Sims, Michigan (SO), 4:13.35
- 44. Ella Kirschke, UCLA (JR), 4:13.83
- 46. Madison Kolessar, Florida (FR), 4:14.09
- 47. Emily Sykes, Tennessee (SR), 4:14.92
W 200 FR
- 14. Maxine Parker, Georgia (FR), 1:44.71
- 23. Allie Raab, Stanford (JR), 1:45.26
- 39. Katelyn Mack, Florida (SO), 1:46.23
- 40. Amy Fulmer, Ohio State (SO), 1:46.24
- 45. Taylor Ault, Florida (SR), 1:46.68
- 56. Lain Shahboz, Florida (FR), 53.78