2017 CHINESE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Monday, April 10 – Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Qingdao, China
- Live Results
- Day 1 Recap/Day 2 Recap/Day 3 Recap/Day 4 Recap/Day 5 Recap
Chinese backtroke star Xu Jiayu continued to rewrite the record books on day 6 of the 2017 Chinese National Championships. Jiayu put up a personal best 1:54.03 to win the 200 back, setting a new Chinese National Record in the process. That put him 1.5 seconds ahead of the field, as Li Guangyuan touched in 1:55.53 for silver. Jiayu maintains his #2 world ranking behind Russia’s Evgeny Rylov (1:53.81), while Guangyuan moves up to #4 in the world.
After setting a Junior World Record in the 200 IM and taking silver in the event yesterday, junior standout Tan Haiyang kept building on that momentum in today’s 200 breast final. This time, he won gold, surging to a 2:08.71 victory. That’s a new Chinese National Record and Junior World Record for Haiyang, and makes him the 6th fastest 200 breaststroker in the world this year.
Olympic gold medalist Ye Shiwen and National Record holder Li Zhuhao were among the headliners in tonight’s semifinal races. Zhuhao set himself up for a potential sweep of the butterfly races, taking top seed for the 100 fly final in 51.90. Shiwen, on the other hand, led the women’s 200 back in 2:10.91.
DAY 6 MEDALISTS
- Women 100 Free Final- Zhu Menghui 53.42, Zhang Yufei 54.09, Ai Yanhan 54.41
- Men 200 Back Final- Xu Jiayu 1:54.03, Li Guangyuan 1:55.53, Shi Yi 1:58.65
- Women 200 Breast Final- Shi Jinglin 2:24.52, Zheng Muyan 2:26.37, He Yun 2:28.48
- Men 200 Breast Final- Tan Haiyang 2:08.71, Mao Feilian 2:10.21, Yan Zibei 2:10.42