2017 CHINESE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Monday, April 10 – Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Qingdao, China
- Live Results
- Day 1 Recap/Day 2 Recap/Day 3 Recap/Day 4 Recap/Day 5 Recap
On day 7 of the 2017 Chinese National Championships, backstroker Xu Jiayu took down his 3rd national record of the week. In the semifinals of the 50 back, Jiayu popped off a 24.42 to set the mark. That makes him the fastest 50 backstroker in the world this year as he surpasses Russia’s Evgeny Rylov (24.52). Jiayu will have a chance to lower the record even further in tomorrow’s final.
Li Zhuhao successfully completed his sweep of the butterfly races. He was the only man to break the 52-second barrier, winning gold in 51.63 by almost a second ahead of Zhang Qibing (52.57). That’s a few tenths shy of his season best, as Zhuhao is currently ranked 2nd in the world with a 51.34 from the Arena Pro Swim at Indianapolis back in February.
Distance free standout Li Bingjie rocketed to #2 in the world with her peromance in the 800 free. Bingjie raced to the wall in 8:20.89, while Zhang Yuhan (8:24.18) and Bi Wenxin (8:24.77) battled closely for the silver behinnd her. With that time, the only person to have swum faster than Bingjie this year is the USA’s Katie Ledecky (8:15.44).
DAY 7 MEDALISTS
- Women 200 Back Final- Chen Jie 2:09.29, Liu Yaxin 2:09.69, Ye Shiwen 2:10.55
- Men 50 Free Final- Yu Hexin 22.46, Lin Yongqing 22.52, Ban Bao 22.55
- Women 50 Fly Final- Lu Ying 25.85, Zhang Yufei 26.09, Lin Xintong 26.52
- Men 100 Fly Final- Li Zhuhao 51.63, Zhang Qibing 52.57, Zhou Jiawei 52.60
- Women 800 Free Final- Li Bingjie 8:20.89, Zhang Yuhan 8:24.18, Bi Wenxin 8:24.77