2017 CHINESE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Monday, April 10 – Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Qingdao, China
- Live Results
- Day 1 Recap
- Day 2 Recap
- Day 3 Recap
- Day 4 Recap
Day 5 of the 2017 Chinese National Championships saw multiple records fall in the 200 IM final. Wang Shun took down the Chinese National Record en route to gold, dominating the field in 1:56.16. Behind him, Tan Haiyang impressed with a new Junior World Record, touching in 1:57.54 to demolish the former mark of 1:59.12 set by Team USA’s Michael Andrew in Indianapolis earlier this year.
Backstroke phenom Fu Yuanhui picked up another gold, this time in the 50 back. Her winning time of 27.36 was 3 tenths shy of the World Record, which stands at a 27.06 done by China’s Zhao Jing during the supersuit era.
Also adding to his gold haul was freestyle specialist Sun Yang. Though he’s better known for his distance free talents, Sun took on the 100 free in tonight’s finals. In a tight race with Yu Hexin, Sun was able to get his hand on the wall 1st, winning in 49.27 to Hexin’s 49.36. Narrowly behind them for 3rd place was Lin Yongqing, who finished in 49.45.
DAY 5 MEDALISTS
- Men 200 IM Final- Wang Shun 1:56.16, Tan Haiyang 1:57.54, Mao Feilian 1:59.87
- Women 50 Back Final- Fu Yuanhui 27.36, Wang Xueer 27.55, Liu Xiang 27.56
- Men 100 Free Final- Sun Yang 49.27, Yu Hexin 49.36, Lin Yongqing 49.45
- Women 200 Fly Final- Zhou Yilin 2:07.36, Li Shuang 2:09.58, Liu Jing 2:10.70
DAY 5 SEMIFINALS TOP 3
- Women 100 Free Semi- Zhu Menghui 54.21, Zhang Yufei 54.51, Wu Yue 54.54
- Men 200 Breast Semi- Yan Zibei 2:10.89, Wang Boyu 2:11.56, Qin Haiyang 2:11.67
- Women 200 Breast Semi- Zheng Muyan 2:26.79, He Yun 2:28.45, Shi Jinglin 2:29.24
- Men 200 Back Semi- Wang Yutian 1:59.88, Xu Jiayu 2:00.76, Li Guangyuan 2:00.93