2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
A big blow to Cal: Matt Josa was disqualified out of prelims of the 200 IM after going a 1:41.50 that would have qualified him 7th for tonight’s final.
It’s a double-whammy for Cal in team points – Josa’s likely 11-15 points are vacated, plus Texas’s Jonathan Roberts moved up from 9th to 8th due to Josa’s DQ.
One heat later, an official raised an arm signaling a DQ for defending 200 IM champ Will Licon of Texas, but results were made official with no DQs.
Josa’s time of 1:41.50 would have qualified 6th here and put him 15th all-time in the event. As it stands, Cal still has Murphy and Andrew Seliskar in the A final, with the latter seeded 6th going into tonight’s final and the former 7th.