2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
- Thursday Morning Heat Sheet
A big blow to Cal: Matt Josa was disqualified out of prelims of the 200 IM after going a 1:41.50 that would have qualified him 7th for tonight’s final.
Josa was disqualified for multiple dolphin kicks on his breaststroke leg. He was second in his heat, beating teammate Ryan Murphy and chasing NC State’s Andreas Vazaios.
It’s a double-whammy for Cal in team points – Josa’s likely 11-15 points are vacated, plus Texas’s Jonathan Roberts moved up from 9th to 8th due to Josa’s DQ.
One heat later, an official raised an arm signaling a DQ for defending 200 IM champ Will Licon of Texas, but results were made official with no DQs.
Josa’s time of 1:41.50 would have qualified 6th here and put him 15th all-time in the event. As it stands, Cal still has Murphy and Andrew Seliskar in the A final, with the latter seeded 6th going into tonight’s final and the former 7th.