Date posted: October 12, 2023
Location: Winter Park, FL, USA
The Trinity Preparatory School seeks applications for a head age group swim coach who guides and teaches student-athletes at meets and practices with technical instruction and training. This leader must possess strong organization, communication, problem solving, leadership, and multitasking skills to develop and mentor the swimmers. In addition to coaching, the candidate should possess the necessary skills to help condition student-athletes and enforce safety procedures.
The head age group swim coach will exemplify Trinity Prep’s four Core Competencies that apply to all employees of the organization:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Cultivates Innovation
The head age group swim coach will demonstrate the following coaching leadership competencies that apply to all members of the Athletic Department:
- Build Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Directs Work
Duties and Responsibilities:
The head age group swim coach will adhere to the policies, rules, and regulations of Trinity Preparatory School; Florida High School Athletic Association; Citrus League; and USA Swimming. This instructor will coach 60% of their time in the Trinity Prep Aquatics Center and 40% of the remaining time teaching two physical education classes.
The following list provides examples of the most typical duties for the swim coach at Trinity:
- Foster a strong sense of belonging and community while promoting the School’s mission and core values in the Athletics and Physical Education Department.
- Meet bi-weekly or at a designated time with the Director of Athletics and Physical Education.
- Support the Trinity Aquatics Director in executing the vision of the swim program and the Director of Athletics and Physical Education in the execution of the physical education curriculum.
- Organize and facilitate regularly scheduled practices with emphasis on development and implement strategy with the supervisor for all groups in the program.
- Serve as a role model to develop good sportsmanship and respect for the sport, as well as in life.
- Observe and guide the discipline and conduct of student athletes to reinforce our core values, specifically our belief in the educational excellence of the athletics program.
- Interact regularly with student athletes to maintain a safe learning environment, both social-emotionally and physically.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members individually and in groups while demonstrating technique and strategies throughout the season.
- Maintain attendance and progress reports to support long-term development.
- Promote and encourage opportunities for student athlete involvement in the team and as a multi-sport participant.
- Encourage new student athlete participation and motivate swimmers to continue their growth and development.
- Develop and apply/age group appropriate dryland training and programs to ensure individual fundamental progress.
- Inspect the equipment and facilities to ensure safe conditions.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
- At all times, partner with the athletic trainer to ensure the health and wellness of all student-athletes.
Learning and Teaching Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Prepare lesson materials, grade papers, manage the classroom, and evaluate and give feedback to students in health, physical education, and wellness courses as deemed appropriate.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and to determine the priorities when necessary.
- Collaborate with other teachers and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs.
- Perform job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the international equivalent with a focus in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching or competitive swimming experience at the secondary, club, or collegiate level. A preferred candidate will have both competitive swimming and coaching experience, but one or the other is acceptable.
- Promotes an inclusive environment that values, encourages, supports differences, and articulates an authentic commitment to diversity in thought and perspective while holding others accountable for the same.
- Proven knowledge, skills, and strategies for the sport.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and develop student athletes in and out of the pool.
- Focus on fair play and adherence to the organization’s code of conduct.
- Facilitating dispute resolution within the team structure to improve teamwork.
- Communicate effectively with other coaches, student athletes, parents, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to help all swimmers improve through practices and individual coaching.
- Creating a safe environment designed to keep athletes healthy and injury-free.
- Must be able to pass a Jessica Lunsford Level II background check and drug test.
- CPR/AED/First Aid can be gained upon hiring.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability, 403(b) plans.
Employee Nondiscrimination Policy:
- Trinity Preparatory School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete an application through the below link: https://trinityprep.simplication.com/Applicant/AttSearchex.aspx?DirectLink=1
5700 Trinity Prep Lane Winter Park, FL 32792