Location: 909 Kiely Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95051, USA
Santa Clara Swim Club is seeking a full-time Club Manager to support the Head Coach/CEO and Board of Directors. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, general club management, club communications, human resources, and managing the activities of all managers and administrative staff. Responsibilities also include enhancement of internal controls, maintenance of the Club’s policies and procedures, city and facility liaison, insurance compliance, and regular reporting of relevant membership information to the Board and management team. The Club Manager will report to the Head Coach/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Human Resource management principles and procedures is desired
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Self-motivated and ability to work as a member of a team
- Highly energetic and proactive with excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and organizational skills
- Computer literate with Microsoft Excel, Word, and QuickBooks a plus
- Experience managing activities of two or more functions
- Has a significant role in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Advises management on specialized technical or business issues.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results.
- Key relationships with important customers and vendors have been developed.
- Has the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Previous experience in competitive swimming helpful but not necessary
- Club communication
- Office administration
- Human resources
- Staff management
- Team and Individual Membership and Registration
- Facility liaison
- Parent liaison
- Website management
- Volunteer liaison
- Schedule of practice/ pool use
- Ensure insurance, city, and swimming association compliance
Salary will be commensurate with nonprofit organizations. Full-time benefits include medical, dental and paid vacation/holiday.
Santa Clara Swim Club is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that has been developing champions since its founding by George Haines in 1951. His vision to develop world-class individuals through the sport of swimming remains the cornerstone of our program. In keeping with Haines’ philosophy, our coaches and swimmers identify themselves as both educators and students with the pool as their classroom. Our quest is to ignite the potential in each of our athletes by embracing the values embodied in the Olympic charter: The pursuit of personal excellence; Harmony between mind and body; Joy found in effort; Health and Fitness; Respect for others; Ethical conduct; Fair play. The club has received many awards and honors throughout the years. These range from World Records, Olympic Champions, World Champions and Sullivan Awards, to Male and Female World and U.S. Swimmer of the Year. Our team has been a USA Swimming Gold or Silver Medal Swim Club since 2014 and home to over 1,500 swimmers. The team trains in multiple locations in Santa Clara County including Santa Clara, Milpitas, and Morgan Hill.
How to Apply
Applicants should forward a cover letter outlining interest in our organization, resume, including three references to [email protected]