Date posted: September 28, 2022
Location: Redlands, CA, USA
Assistant Coach, Men & Women’s Swim & Dive
POSITION CODE: 6428
APPOINTMENT: Staff, Twelve (12) Months, Part-time
(up to 25 hours per week & up to 960 hours per fiscal year)
STARTING SALARY: $20.00 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six (6) Months
POSTING DATE: September 27, 2022
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 6, 2022 at 2:00 pm, P.S.T.
Definition of Classification:
The Assistant Coach will serve the swim and dive program as on deck swim and dryland coach as assigned, and assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Men’s & Women’s Swim and Dive program.
Reporting to the Head Coach, is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog swim and dive programs. The Assistant Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with on-deck coaching, training, and skill development.
• Create a training program for IM/Stroke Swimmers.
• Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
• Attends training as assigned.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years swim coaching experience or three years of college swimming experience.
• Must have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting
• A valid California Class C CA drivers’ license with a good driving record is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Technical knowledge of Men’s & Women’s Swimming & Diving and the demonstrated ability to apply that knowledge.
• Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
• Knowledge and understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy.
• Possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University.
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting.
• Strong interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver
• Ability to clearly communicate information both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent organizational skills, and detail orientated.
• Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Follow appropriate safety rules and regulation.
• Knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software and applications.
• Aptitude to learn new and evolving technology.
• Ability to recommend appropriate courses of action within established guidelines.
• Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
• Understand, interpret, explain, and apply applicable federal and state policies and laws.
• Ability to foster strong, positive relationships and align both internal and external resources to achieve university objectives.
• Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The work environment may involve some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions. May be required to travel for extended periods of time for athletic contests and recruiting activities. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as required by the teams’ schedules.
Incumbents regularly stand, walks and sits; speak clearly and distinctly to answer telephones and to provide information; see to read fine print and operate computer; hear and understand voices over telephone and in person; use hands and fingers to operate an electronic keyboard or other office machines; walk on a regular basis and stand for prolonged periods; travel to various locations; distinguish colors and have depth perception; reach with hands and arms; pushing, pulling and lifting; stoop or kneel or crouch; lift, carry and/or move objects typically weighing up to 10-25 pounds.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume/CV and cover letter with application. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
BACKGROUND CHECKS: The University of Redlands is committed to providing a safe campus community. As part of that commitment, the university conducts background checks for applicants being considered for employment.
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine including a booster or submit an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3494682
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to Apply
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3494682