Reported by Lauren Neidigh.
WOMEN’S 400 IM
- NCAA record: Katinka Hosszu (2012)- 3:56.54
- American record: Katie Ledecky (2017)- 3:57.68
- U.S. Open record: Katinka Hosszu (2012)- 3:56.54
- Championship Record: Katinka Hosszu (2012)- 3:56.54
- 2016 NCAA Champion: Ella Eastin (Stanford)- 3:58.40
Stanford’s Ella Eastin certainly redeemed herself tonight, rocking a new American Record time of 3:57.57 to win back-to-back titles in the 400 IM. Texas A&M’s Sydney Pickrem joined her under the 4:00-mark, becoming the 8th fastest performer of all time, while Texas’ Madisyn Cox busted out a personal best 4:00.97 for 3rd place, running down Texas A&M’s Bethany Galat (4:01.06).