2016 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 16 – Saturday, March 19
- McAuley Aquatic Center – Atlanta, GA
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Cal – Results
- Championships Central
- Live stream: All prelims, Wednesday finals, & Thursday finals (Other sessions will be on ESPN3)
- Live results
Danielle Galyer has become the first event champion in University of Kentucky swimming history, joining diver Taryn Ignacio, the 2006 platform champion, as the program’s only ever event champions, men or women.
Galyer swam 1:49.71 in the event, which moves her to 6th-place in the all-time event rankings.
Galyer placed 4th at last year’s meet, and two of the three in front of her have since-graduated. That left her and Virginia’s Courtney Bartholomew to battle for the title, and battle they did. The lead seemed to change hands on every turn.
While Bartholomew graduates, the road to repeat doesn’t get any easier for Galyer next year. Indiana’s Kennedy Goss was only a tenth behind Bartholomew as just a sophomore, and former NCAA Champion Brooklynn Snodgrass, also an Indiana Hoosier, returns from a redshirt next fall.