2017 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 15 – Saturday, March 18
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Georgia (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Event Previews
- Live Stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Live Results
SATURDAY PRELIMS HEAT SHEET
#3 seed Brooke Zeiger of Minnesota and #6 seed Cierra Runge of Wisconsin have both scratched out of the 1650 freestyle for tomorrow.
Runge was the runner-up in this event at Big Tens last month. Zeiger, on the other hand, missed the meet with a “medical issue” that “impeded her training,” according to a Minnesota spokesperson.
So far this weekend, Zeiger finished 60th in the 500 free with 4:47.54 and 31st in the 400 IM with 4:11.99. Runge was 25th in the 500 with 4:41.38 and 24th in the 200 today with 1:45.44.
These scratches bump up Wisconsin senior Danielle Valley and Auburn senior Ashley Neidigh into the heat of the 1650 that will swim with finals. Valley comes in with her Big Tens third-place 15:53.16, and Neidigh is the reigning SEC champion after going 15:56.95 last month. Neidigh’s winning time was a personal best by nearly twenty seconds.
Other scratches for the morning: