2017 WOMEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 15 – Saturday, March 18
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Georgia (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Event Previews
- Live Stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Live Results
Indiana sophomore Lilly King wasn’t quite as fast as her NCAA and U.S. Open Record in the 100 breaststroke done a month ago at the Big Ten Championships, but she managed to get under her own NCAA Championship record in Friday’s final.
King swam 56.71 to tip off her conference-foe Lindsey Horejsi from Minnesota by three-tenths of a second. King swam 56.85 to win last year’s title in the event.
A comparison of her splits from the 3 meets
|2017 NCAAs||2017 Big Tens||2016 NCAAs|
King has now been under 57 seconds three times in her career. Nobody else has done so even once.
Horjesi, who is only a freshman, moved up to 8th on the list of all-time performers in the event with her 58.03 second-place finish. That swim broke the Minnesota school record set by former NCAA champion Jillian Tyler in 2011.