Reported by James Sutherland.
WOMEN’S 100 FREE SEMI-FINALS
- World Record (WR): 51.71 – Sarah Sjöström, 2017
- World Junior Record (WJ): 52.70 – Penny Oleksiak, 2016
- European Record (ER): 51.71 – Sarah Sjöström, 2017
- European Junior Record (EJ): 53.88 – Freya Anderson
- Championship Record (CR): 52.67 – Sarah Sjöström, 2014/2018
- Sarah Sjostrom, SWE, 52.67
- Femke Heemskerk, NED, 53.35
- Charlotte Bonnet, FRA, 53.55
- Mariia Kameneva, RUS, 53.66
- Freya Anderson, GBR, 53.90
- Marie Wattel, FRA, 54.12
- Signe Bro, DEN, 54.27
- Federica Pellegrini, ITA, 54.28
Sarah Sjostrom dominated the first semi of the women’s 100 free in 52.67, equalling her Championship Record set back in 2014. Femke Heemskerk was a solid 53.35 for 2nd in the heat, and Freya Anderson was .02 off her PB for 3rd in 53.90.
In the second semi, top seed from prelims Pernille Blume surprisingly went for a 50 split, touching in 23.97 before doing an open turn and trying to come back fast enough to make the final. She ended up fading, and Charlotte Bonnet took the heat win in 53.55 over Mariia Kameneva (53.66). Blume ended up 10th overall in 54.71.