HASS, Queen! Avocados are a source of GOOD fats! Eat them!
Humans have been eating avocados for over hundreds of years, but in recent times, avocados have risen to the top as one of the top trendiest foods to eat (it’s the avocado toast for me). In addition to avocados’ place amid the zeitgeist, it’s well known for its amazing health benefits. As swimmers, adding avocado to our diets can help boost our performance and recovery.
- Avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Because of the high expenditure swimmers experience, many nutrients are lost. When we sweat, we lose minerals, especially sodium and potassium, and avocados can help replenish some of the nutrients burned during training or racing.
- They are high in B vitamins which means they are an awesome energy booster.
- Have anti inflammatory properties to help recover better from workouts.
- High fiber helps your digestive system run smoother. One entire avocados gives you 18% of your daily fiber intake.
- They reduce risks of strokes, heart attacks, and bad cholesterol levels
- Due to high monounsaturated healthy fat, avocados are easily burned for quick energy during training and competition.
Elevate your avocado toast game
Avocado tofu mash
- ½ avocado
- 100g ofc block of tofu ( firm preferred, and make sure to drain excess liquid)
- 1 or 2 slices of bread (I like sourdough)
- Seasonings: I use
- Turmeric (carries anti inflammatory properties)
- Vegan mayo
- Leafy greens (iron and fiber)- I used rocket spinach
- Grab ½ and avocado and 100g of a block of tofu and mash then together
- Add in your choice of seasonings and mix well
- Top the avo mash on your choice of toast and sprinkle on some leafy greens for that extra #health
Tag @goodfood.happymood on Instagram and share your avocado creations!!