2018 FINA SHORT COURSE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Tuesday, December 11th – Sunday, December 16th
- Hangzhou, China
- Tennis Centre, Hangzhou Olympic & International Expo Center
- SCM (25m)
- Prelims: 9:30 am local, 8:30 pm ET / Finals: 7:00 pm* local, 6:00* am ET
- *The final night of finals will be one hour earlier, starting at 6:00 pm local and 5:00 am ET
- Live Results (Omega)
On the lead-off leg of the world record setting U.S. women’s 4×50 medley relay, Olivia Smoliga became the first American ever under 26 seconds in the women’s 50 back, as she went 25.97 for a new American Record.
In the all-time rankings, Smoliga now ranks 7th in the event and is the 9th swimmer to ever crack 26. She’ll have a chance to knock this record down further in the individual 50 back.
FASTEST PERFORMERS, WOMEN’S 100 BACKSTROKE
- Etiene Medeiros, BRA, 25.67
- Sanja Jovanovic, CRO, 25.70
- Zhao Jing, CHN, 25.82
- Emily Seebohm, AUS, 25.83
- Gao Chang, NED, 25.92
- Katinka Hosszu, HUN, 25.95
- Olivia Smoliga, USA, 25.97
- Marieke D’Cruz, AUS, 25.98
- Daryna Zevina, UKR, 25.99
- Aleksandra Urbanczyk, POL, 26.03
Smoliga was joined by Katie Meili, Kelsi Dahlia and Mallory Comerford on the relay as they ended up breaking the world record by close to nine-tenths of a second in 1:42.38 for their second consecutive gold medal in the event.